VaM 1.x Double vision unless I toggle Monitor on

Threads regarding the original VaM 1.x
Joined
Feb 12, 2025
Messages
4
Reactions
0
Hi All.
I have this weird general error in VaM VR: When I start it up, it's in double vision, like when PostMagic is on on some scenes.
Problem is, this is in root, not in a specific scene.
Only way to turn it off is if I toggle monitor on, but then the eyes of my avatar are floating 1 metre above my head.
I tried disabling postmagic, but no luck.

I'm running through Virtual Desktop, non-SteamVR, on a Quest 3.

Hope someone can help.
 
Unfortunately on my part I cannot help any further as I don't have a Quest and any issue I ever encountered with double vision was related to Postmagic or related.
 
Upvote 0
yeah, it's exactly the same as when PM is enabled when it shouldnt in VR. Like something has been switched on when it should have been off... Not sure how to fix it...
 
Upvote 0
Most known cases of double vision in VR are caused by either:
  1. PostMagic with some of the experimental modules active. That's why they are called experimental 🤷‍♂️
  2. Material/Shaders imported incorrectly from Unity. You need particular project settings in Unity Editor before making your AssetBundle.
There are some creators who do not check their content in VR and therefore don't notice.
 
Upvote 0
Check all the scene components; there might be another PM attached to something. If you still need PM, disable this option, and the screen will stop doubling.
 

Attachments

  • 2026-10-11_18-35-01.png
    2026-10-11_18-35-01.png
    331.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom