Answered Does the Random Media From General only pull from General Media?

VamChic

Reactions
Patreon
VaMChic
If it does, why would I want to post pictures in the futa section if I want them to show on the front page?

I thought the user preferences disable Futa and LGBTQ+ were there so people wouldn't see the images on the front page from those sections.

I would love to see it pull from all media or possibly new media. Another idea could be that you could have 3 image widgets, one for each section.

I'm trying to honor people's preferences of what they see while at the same time trying to keep everything visible to visitors for discovery by new users. I could have gone opt-in for Futa/LGBT+, but then visitors would not be able to view without registering, logging in, and opting-in. So I chose opt-out. This means public can see everything by default. To balance this, I made it so Random Media only displays what is in General. But with a bit more work, I could make it so users who are logged in would see a different widget that shows media based on their preferences. I will look into this now.

edit: just to be clear I want Futa/LGBT+ to be discoverable, but not necessarily on the front page for new visitors. I'm supportive of this content, but I'm trying to match the new visitor front page with what majority of users are looking for. I hope nobody is offended by this.

Upvote 0
Oh, by no means am I trying to push any kind of agenda on the site. I just want those who have opted in to see it. I don't remember if it was a thing when I joined, but it would be nice if new users had some kind of hint when they joined about opt-in into that kind of content.

Upvote 0
Well I have it fixed now. Users not logged in will see "Random Media From General". Users logged in will see "Random Media" and it will obey their preferences for what is shown.

I don't have a way to assign resources to Futa/LGBT+ without making a ton of new categories just for that, so Futa/LGBT+ resources will just be intermixed. I figure that is ok and people can just be clear to put something like [FUTA] in the title. I mostly wanted filtering for media since that tends to be more explicit.

Upvote 0
Thank you for quick response. I absolutely agree with your logic.

I apply a futa tag to all my resources and put Futa in both the title and description. Drama/confusion is the last thing I want to attract.

Upvote 0
Yay, for tagging!!! When there is more stuff on the site users have to use the search and the filters and tags anyway.
Now, quite funnily, our tag cloud looks like we barely have any FEMALE content here 😁

1591140673301.png

It is possible to make a "negative" search, right? Like searching "hair -female" to just show non female hair. I tried it and it seems to somewhat work, at least for those items that are tagged or mentioned correctly.

Upvote 0
@kemenate yeah heteronormativity makes female "the default", so no tag would be expected... and for some reason some of the most prolific people here are posting a lot of non-normative content! But negative filters sound like a good idea regardless.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom