Solved Do you know what vam's default asset script is?

fwaaw

Reactions

I am a person who does not know much about coding. I tried asking Chatgpt for help, but I failed every time.

I hope it doesn't break through the floor when it falls like a real object.

If you would like to have physics for your CustomUnityAsset, and not just collision, you need to place a Rigidbody component on it already in the Unity Editor. You can look up the details what exactly is needed in the Unity docs. (I would have to lookup myself...)

Upvote 0
If you would like to have physics for your CustomUnityAsset, and not just collision, you need to place a Rigidbody component on it already in the Unity Editor. You can look up the details what exactly is needed in the Unity docs. (I would have to lookup myself...)

스크린샷 2024-09-30 145656.png

If you set it up like this, it will look like a video.

Upvote 0
스크린샷 2024-09-30 145903.png

If you uncheck Kinematic, it won't penetrate the floor.
But it ends up like the video below.

Upvote 0
The rigid body was the problem. By removing that and porting, I was able to get the desired result.
Thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0
You will not prevent objects getting through stuffs only with rigidbodies sadly... especially depending on the speed of the object, and its size. I experienced some of the vanilla VAM assets (like the pillow you're showing) getting through the scene as soon as they have a velocity faster than dropping from 50cm.

I suspect that Unity's physics engine do handle big stuffs pretty nicely, but as soon as you enter the realm of more "thin" / "long" / "small" objects, you end up having issues for accurate collisions.

I added the plugin I did a while back which enables continuous collisions on objects. It's available as a tool in VAMStory since 1.30. And does work way better for all objects when you have fun throwing them everywhere. You only need:
  • to have an object root_throwable in your hierarchy to make it work.
  • at least one simple collider ( capsule, cube... ) on top of your mesh collider if you have one
You simply need to have the plugin on an empty Atom in the scene. It will scan the scene at start and enable the proper collision setup for all CUAs that have that root_throwable object.

Upvote 0
You will not prevent objects getting through stuffs only with rigidbodies sadly... especially depending on the speed of the object, and its size. I experienced some of the vanilla VAM assets (like the pillow you're showing) getting through the scene as soon as they have a velocity faster than dropping from 50cm.

I suspect that Unity's physics engine do handle big stuffs pretty nicely, but as soon as you enter the realm of more "thin" / "long" / "small" objects, you end up having issues for accurate collisions.

I added the plugin I did a while back which enables continuous collisions on objects. It's available as a tool in VAMStory since 1.30. And does work way better for all objects when you have fun throwing them everywhere. You only need:
  • to have an object root_throwable in your hierarchy to make it work.
  • at least one simple collider ( capsule, cube... ) on top of your mesh collider if you have one
You simply need to have the plugin on an empty Atom in the scene. It will scan the scene at start and enable the proper collision setup for all CUAs that have that root_throwable object.

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know the VAMStory plugin even had that feature.
I'm in the middle of learning.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom