Answered Discord sever for a patreon page.

Milanin

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
milanin
I see that many creators have their own discord servers. The question is - does having a discord server gives you some profits? is this a "must have" feature or this is completely optional.
Also i am asking from a pov of a not very social person.

Definitely not a must have, unless you specifically offer paid support or something like that. I don't think you get profit from it, in fact, I think you got to have to pay for it ("Nitro") if you want more than the minimum file upload size, etc.

I my case I don't have a Discord for a number of reasons:
  1. Its one more platform you as a creator have to be active on....people will still tag you or send private messages all day on the other platforms (Patreon, Hub, official Discord, Reddit, Twitter) Its really hard to direct that, so less platforms is better.
  2. It spreads the community further apart, which is bad.
  3. Discord is a really inefficient way of communicating. Its fast, yes, but only for trivial questions. For any complex topics, forums like the Hub are WAY more efficient if you are the one answering the questions.

Upvote 0
I agree with @MacGruber, though I _do_ have my own Discord server, there are a few reasons:

1. There is no animation-making channels on the main VaM Discord, which I really wanted to have focus on.
2. I was _spamming_ the main VaM discord with updates and I was hogging the plugins channel
3. I want to offer support (I'm completely crazy to do that, it's pretty much a second job) to people who use my plugins and stuff gets lost when mixed with other conversations.

So really, only make your own Discord server if you have something you cannot get from the existing ones, people can't keep up with too many servers unless they _really_ are interested in following something you have to offer.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom