Question Disable parts of VaMX? Or just learn VaM?

dreamable

Reactions
I've mostly been using VaMX to play/use this game/tool, but I find it gets in the way sometimes. I figured out how to use plugins properly (session and person changes), and they do so much that it feels like VaMX is slowly becoming obsolete - except for posing, environment and lighting. Still haven't figured out that stuff in VaM. I'm now using the plugins E-motion and VaMMoan together, and they are so goddamn good I load them on all my girls. These plugins do things VaMX already has features for, but they do them better than VaMX. VaMMoan seems to be affected by the "turn off moans" setting in VaMX, but it's broken and turns itself back on immediately.

Is it possible to disable parts of VaMX? Or is the true solution to just git gud and learn VaM properly? Learn how to set up my own scenes and all that? I don't even know where to get started with that. I have a basic understanding of what's going on, but I still don't feel comfortable setting up scenes outside of VaMX. Uh, any good tutorials around?

vamX and similar solutions (like EasyMate) are always a compromise. They try to make the usage of VaM easier by removing complexity. However, its the complexity that gives power to VaM. VaM is not about downloading content and playing it, its about making the stuff YOU want. Yes, its a very steep learning curve for anyone unfamiliar with game dev, but you can literally do everything you want with VaM, given enough time and resources. In my opinion these "easy solutions" actually make it harder to get into VaM as you waste time on learning knowledge you have throw away or even unlearn later. On the other hand they of course might attract users to VaM who otherwise would have been scared away from the complexity.

Upvote 0
When you merge load vamX into scenes, most (probably everything you could notice) of vamX is disabled and doesn't effect the scene until you start pressing buttons.

I really don't see this as an either / or type of scenario. vamX is a tool, and can give you experiences you can't get without it, but also learning to create scenes manually gives you options you can't get by only using vamX

vamX does things that are not possible to do just by learning Virt-a-Mate (unless you are going to write your own plugins). For example female lip sync and emotion changes to match dialog, the proprietary sounds and dialog themselves (all female, and soon male speech), quick changing environments while keeping the same people / poses, vaginal wetness from arousal, automatic hand movements during sex, etc. Also there are things that could be done, but would take a very long time, such as creating the detailed stories vamX has, or setting up a scene to quick change between a number of poses so you can be in the action and switch positions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom