• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Did you consider hosting a Mastodon server?

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
I remember what happened a while ago when Tumblr adult content was banned; everyone had to move and lost their followers, and a lot of them eventually joined Twitter. Not sure yet what will happen with Twitter itself in the long run, and because of that fear, Mastodon received a surge of new users.

For those who don't know what it is, it's pretty much a decentralized Twitter, i.e. everyone can host their "own" instance.

It might not be where users are right now, but having a Virt-A-Mate (or Meshed?) instance early could catch and connect with people who are moving away from Twitter before something happens, and if indeed Mastodon gets off (8M users I think right now) you'll have many people like me who'll already have an identity like @acidbubbles@vam.social.

Anyway, because it's a pretty simple setup, and VaM could eventually get hit with (another) Twitter ban, it sounds like a fairly cheap risk mitigation. To be fair, I'm not really using Mastodon myself, though I'll definitely sign up if you do create a server.

cc @meshedvr @VaMDeV @CitizenX

Anyway, because it's a pretty simple setup, and VaM could eventually get hit with (another) Twitter ban, it sounds like a fairly cheap risk mitigation.

I keep thinking this because we're closing in on 10K followers on Twitter, so as that number grows, I think that it would be good to get a Mastodon server going... I was looking into it last week, actually, so I'm glad to hear there's interest. I'll look further into it, thanks Acidbubbles!

Back
Top Bottom