Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
very neat

why am i getting this message ? pls
afsfsafsa.png

also the blur buttons do not work for me...:? Could be because of this issue:

!> Plugin file MacGruber.PostMagic.3:/Custom/Scripts/MacGruber/PostMagic/MacGruber_PostMagicExperimental.cslist does not exist
!> Plugin file MacGruber.PostMagic.3:/Custom/Scripts/MacGruber/PostMagic/MacGruber_PostMagicExperimental.cslist does not exist

any ideas be super thanks

Also great mocap and my fav singer so nice!

very neat

View attachment 57270

also the blur buttons do not work for me...:? Could be because of this issue:

any ideas be super thanks

Also great mocap and my fav singer so nice!
The message is from the voice control plugin, you must select the VAM screen for it to go away. I will see if this can be fixed tho.

Hmmm seems like you don't have PostMagic in your VAM addonspackage folder? The dependencies should have all been in the zipped folder, otherwise you can download it separately here POSTMAGIC PLUGIN I hope this is the fix :)

And thank you for the kind words, I am so happy you liked the mocap <3

The message is from the voice control plugin, you must select the VAM screen for it to go away. I will see if this can be fixed tho.

Hmmm seems like you don't have PostMagic in your VAM addonspackage folder? The dependencies should have all been in the zipped folder, otherwise you can download it separately here POSTMAGIC PLUGIN I hope this is the fix :)

And thank you for the kind words, I am so happy you liked the mocap <3
Thanks but it happens constantly ...
When you say vam screen what do you mean? pls
if you mean the vam software screen ive never had this issue on other scenes. Is it a new setting?

I def do have post magic haha we all do...its a vam standard.
But on this scene only its not working.
Works ok elsewhere and I can activate it manually.
So not sure what is going on here...def a conflict somewhere....
be good to resolve it as I dont like unsolved issues haha

esfrwfesrdfdes.png

"When you say vam screen what do you mean? pls" It means that you must use your mouse and click on the screen, to disable that onscreen message that is generated from the voice control plugin.

Hmm shame you are having this trouble! Are you able to "reload" the plugin on the postmagic atom?
reload.PNG

I don't know why this is only happening with your download hmmm....maybe try deleting the scene and re-download? 🤞

ok by deleting post magic and then manually installing it the issue resolved. Not you but post magic and vam or maybe it just corrupted over time.

If you could help me get rid of that awful message on screen id appreciate it as its appeared in 3 recent scenes this week but never before so a setting or something new...but 100% annoying haha ;)

Yay! that is great news that the PM is fixed!

To fix the warning message I will have to update the scene with a new voice control plugin, I will do this asap :)

Last edited:
You are getting the warning message because VAM's Desktop window does not have focus. The VAM window you see on the Desktop must have focus for the voice control plugin to work, even when you are using a VR headset. Something like a browser window open at the same time can steal focus from VAM, and if you're in VR you won't notice. Hence the warning message.
To make the warning disappear (and re-enable voice control) just do what the message tells you to do - Left mouse click anywhere inside of VAM's Desktop window. It's that simple.
Anyway, it seems that VRDollz is going to swap out the plugin for MacGrubers SpeechControl which doesn't have this feature.
Regardless, the same condition will still apply, only you won't get a warning about it. The voice triggers will just stop working and you'll be left wondering why. However, the solution will still the same. Left mouse click anywhere inside VAM's Desktop window. Remember, this requirement applies even if you are using a VR headset to view the scene.

Last edited:
You are getting the warning message because VAM's Desktop window does not have focus. The VAM window you see on the Desktop must have focus for the voice control plugin to work, even when you are using a VR headset. Something like a browser window open at the same time can steal focus from VAM, and if you're in VR you won't notice. Hence the warning message.
To make the warning disappear (and re-enable voice control) just do what the message tells you to do - Left mouse click anywhere inside of VAM's Desktop window. It's that simple.
Anyway, it seems that VRDollz is going to swap out the plugin for MacGrubers SpeechControl which doesn't have this feature.
Regardless, the same condition will still apply, only you won't get a warning about it. The voice triggers will just stop working and you'll be left wondering why. However, the solution will still the same. Left mouse click anywhere inside VAM's Desktop window. Remember, this requirement applies even if you are using a VR headset to view the scene.
Yes I know that but thanks all the same...but im having issue with that.
I always have VAM and another 2 monitors open with other programs as I work. When doing vam stuff it makes sense to have multiple programs for creation.
So yes i can resolve it by clicking on it but I dont want to....that isnt practical for me. I want to bypass this issue.
More importantly it only happens on some scenes so surely this is an option in the scene creation ?
I believe it is possible to disable it but im not sure how to resolve the issue or for the creator to resolve it etc. ANY ideas pls ?

More importantly it only happens on some scenes so surely this is an option in the scene creation ?
The warning message will appear in every scene that uses the VoiceControl plugin as long as VAM's desktop window does not have focus. It is not an option in the scene creation. This was intentional, as the plugin was designed primarily with VR headset users in mind so that they were made aware in the headset, when desktop window focus (and with it, voice control) was lost.
However, I intend changing the warning from 'always on' to 'optional' with output sent to message log only.
Watch out for an update soon.

The warning message will appear in every scene that uses the VoiceControl plugin as long as VAM's desktop window does not have focus. It is not an option in the scene creation. This was intentional, as the plugin was designed primarily with VR headset users in mind so that they were made aware in the headset, when desktop window focus (and with it, voice control) was lost.
However, I intend changing the warning from 'always on' to 'optional' with output sent to message log only.
Watch out for an update soon.
thanks for this info as im seeing this issue for the first time alot lately and want to get on top of it as I use VAM in and outside of VR often in one sitting as a tester, creator, patron and user. Can you detail how you make that change so i can learn to do it myself pls ?
thanks for sharing :-D

thanks for this info as im seeing this issue for the first time alot lately and want to get on top of it as I use VAM in and outside of VR often in one sitting as a tester, creator, patron and user. Can you detail how you make that change so i can learn to do it myself pls ?
thanks for sharing :-D
The updated plugin is now available. You need to have a basic understanding of C# source code in order to learn to do it yourself.
Just examine the updated plugin's source code and compare it to the previous version to see what changes were made.

The updated plugin is now available. You need to have a basic understanding of C# source code in order to learn to do it yourself.
Just examine the updated plugin's source code and compare it to the previous version to see what changes were made.
Thank you I do know a little C++ but ill have a look thanks.

Back
Top Bottom