Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
cuddlemocap.com
Patreon
cuddlemocap
CuddleMocap submitted a new resource:

Cute Sitting Idles - 4 different looping mocaps, cute and sexy

She sits on a bench, looking cute, flirty, and sexy!
Motion capture, face capture, and finger tracking all performed by a real woman.
View attachment 280815View attachment 280818
View attachment 280808
View attachment 280810View attachment 280812View attachment 280813View attachment 280809
Credits: AcidBubble, Spacedog, YameteOuji, Hunting-Succubus, Yep, LFE

Dependencies:
CuddleMocap Scene Tools...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome work.

Is there a step by step guide of how to use these in my own scene with my own model? (I'm still at beginner level when it comes to using animations).

Is there a step by step guide of how to use these in my own scene with my own model? (I'm still at beginner level when it comes to using animations).
There are 3 ways you can approach this:
1. Modify this scene. Load an appearance preset on the girl, add the environment and props that you want. You can grab a bunch of objects from another scene at the same time by saving them as a subscene, then loading that subscene into this scene. This is probably the easiest method overall.
2. Merge-load two scenes. Compare the objects in this scene with one that you want to merge it with, and make sure the objects don't have the exact same names. If there are matching names, edit and save one of the scenes to re-name or remove those objects. Use the File (Open/Save) menu to get to "Merge Load Scene."
3. Transfer the animations to another scene. In this option, you loose the UI buttons to trigger the animations, so you will need to create new ones. Open the girl in this scene, go into the Timeline plugin, click on "More" > "Import/Export Animations". Include everything and Export to a file. Open your scene, add Timeline version 282 to your person atom, go to the same menu and click on "Import animation(s)". Finally, go to her Hand Control tab, and change the finger controls to JSONParams so the finger animations continue working.

It is important to note that for ALL THREE of these options, her root node is saved as a Timeline pose, and she will always return to that position when you play an animation. To change this, you will either need to update the Timeline poses for each animation, or move the environment to match her position. I also very much recommend turning off her collisions during any of these edits to avoid physics explosions. I hope this helps!

There are 3 ways you can approach this:
1. Modify this scene. Load an appearance preset on the girl, add the environment and props that you want. You can grab a bunch of objects from another scene at the same time by saving them as a subscene, then loading that subscene into this scene. This is probably the easiest method overall.
2. Merge-load two scenes. Compare the objects in this scene with one that you want to merge it with, and make sure the objects don't have the exact same names. If there are matching names, edit and save one of the scenes to re-name or remove those objects. Use the File (Open/Save) menu to get to "Merge Load Scene."
3. Transfer the animations to another scene. In this option, you loose the UI buttons to trigger the animations, so you will need to create new ones. Open the girl in this scene, go into the Timeline plugin, click on "More" > "Import/Export Animations". Include everything and Export to a file. Open your scene, add Timeline version 282 to your person atom, go to the same menu and click on "Import animation(s)". Finally, go to her Hand Control tab, and change the finger controls to JSONParams so the finger animations continue working.

It is important to note that for ALL THREE of these options, her root node is saved as a Timeline pose, and she will always return to that position when you play an animation. To change this, you will either need to update the Timeline poses for each animation, or move the environment to match her position. I also very much recommend turning off her collisions during any of these edits to avoid physics explosions. I hope this helps!

Awesome, this is incredibly useful (for a relative beginner like me!). Thanks so much.

One other question, if I import one of these Timeline animations onto an atom in my own scene (for example, I use a hotel room scene a lot), how can I relocate the atom the animation is applied to so that the animation "matches" the layout/furniture in my scene?

When I tried doing this, I got the animation working in my scene, but any attempt to move the female atom to a new location was forgotten and reset when playing the animations. Basically just looking for a way to easily offset the location (X/Y/Z) of the animation within my scene.

When I tried doing this, I got the animation working in my scene, but any attempt to move the female atom to a new location was forgotten and reset when playing the animations. Basically just looking for a way to easily offset the location (X/Y/Z) of the animation within my scene.
Her saved positions are needed in order to transition from one animation to another without her getting twisted up like a pretzel. You can re-position her in the scene one of two ways.
The first method is to parent all the pieces of the environment and lights to a single empty atom, then move and rotate the empty atom to re-align everything to her position.
The second method is to remove all the saved poses from her timeline, position her, then create new poses. To do this, go to the Pose tab of Timeline and click on "Clear Saved Pose". Do this for all 5 animations and you can then relocate her. Then you will need to go back through all the poses, make sure she is in the proper position, and click "Use current pose". If you do it correctly, she won't get twisted up when you change positions.

By the way, I am going to be releasing an update for this scene soon, with all 4 loops combined into one long running animation, which might be easier to transfer over to a new scene!

Her saved positions are needed in order to transition from one animation to another without her getting twisted up like a pretzel. You can re-position her in the scene one of two ways.
The first method is to parent all the pieces of the environment and lights to a single empty atom, then move and rotate the empty atom to re-align everything to her position.
The second method is to remove all the saved poses from her timeline, position her, then create new poses. To do this, go to the Pose tab of Timeline and click on "Clear Saved Pose". Do this for all 5 animations and you can then relocate her. Then you will need to go back through all the poses, make sure she is in the proper position, and click "Use current pose". If you do it correctly, she won't get twisted up when you change positions.

By the way, I am going to be releasing an update for this scene soon, with all 4 loops combined into one long running animation, which might be easier to transfer over to a new scene!

Thanks again.

I like the idea of parenting the scene atoms and moving them as one.

Kind of the same concept but reversed, but is it possible to parent just the female atom to a subscene/empty atom and then move that parent atom instead?

Would that keep the Timeline animation intact AND allow effectively moving the female atom about the scene without actually moving the scene/atoms/furniture itself?

Would that keep the Timeline animation intact AND allow effectively moving the female atom about the scene without actually moving the scene/atoms/furniture itself?
If you parent the person atom to another object, she will indeed move with that object, but as soon as you hit play on her animation, the Timeline pose will return her to her original position. I'm not sure what happens if you attach her to a subscene, though. Might work different, not sure!

I love your work, it is top quality. However, I find it very difficult to export these animations to another scene using timeline. I do exactly as you say, however every time I try I get a static pose. Do you have any idea what am I missing? I try to follow these instructions:

I'm considering using other methods (point 1 and 2 of your post). In this case it would be very helpful if you created a scene containing all your mocap poses ( standing poses from your previous mod included). They are just excellent and having them in one scene would be great. Sorry if its too much to ask :)

I love your work, it is top quality. However, I find it very difficult to export these animations to another scene using timeline. I do exactly as you say, however every time I try I get a static pose. Do you have any idea what am I missing? I try to follow these instructions:

I'm considering using other methods (point 1 and 2 of your post). In this case it would be very helpful if you created a scene containing all your mocap poses ( standing poses from your previous mod included). They are just excellent and having them in one scene would be great. Sorry if its too much to ask :)
After you import the entire Timeline into the person atom in your scene, you will need a way to trigger each of the 6 animations. The UI buttons provided in the scene simply tell Timeline which animation to play. You can play them directly inside the Timeline plugin, or you can create UI buttons that do so. If you would like to transfer my UI buttons into your scene, it would probably be faster to use method 2 instead.
I have actually considered combining all our idle mocaps into one scene, and I might end up doing so at some point. :) One thing I am going to do for sure is make an update to MonoLight idles that has no transitions and can be transferred to other scenes. I hope to make that update this month. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back
Top Bottom