Question Curious if theres any sort of use for someone generating dialogue using AI chabots.

HDLC

Reactions
I've been diving hard into this new AI revolution, as far as I can anyway with a beginners understanding of programming, but using AI I've been able to learn enough so far to be able to have my own private Natural Language based, dialogue-trained and uncensored, chat bot that I've been playing with the last few days. The creativity and incredibly believable results i can achieve in a short time are amazing. I'm sitting here talking to it and it pops into my head that maybe there are devs or hobbyists making content here that need bespoke and specific dialogue created for their projects. I'm having a blast just fucking around, but it would be really cool to find some use for it. Not looking for paid work, this is experimental basis only. Anyone interested in this at all or have any feedback? I can whip up a sample for screenshotting in just a few minutes if anyone has a test scenario. It's essentially just me talking to a bot(s) with a user defined personality and, filling in non dialogue plot movements, filling in third party character dialogue where needed(until i figure out an easy way to get it to generate for more than 2 characters without the formatting going apeshit, and occasionally resubmitting a crappy result. I could see someone cranking out scenes with dialogue but not wanting to write or maybe just not a great writer, finding use for these.

Really hoping theres more interest now than a month or two ago when i asked if anyone was working on integrating a "real" ai chatbot into the game xD

There will always be people interested in new ways of using vam. Chatbots seem to be an issue of some debate for some reason, with a few people thinking that they will not work or not be interesting in vam. Personally I would disagree, but thats just my opinion. I think AI generated dialogue would add a new layer to the immersion. I have used replika bot in vam after someone posted a guide. It can be used in vam indirectly and will respond to voice with a voice response, including dirty talk. I found it interesting but a little inconsistent, maybe because of my internet connection. Those few extra steps involved setting it up each time kind of made me forget about it. But is was fun, telling it what you were doing to "her" in vam and hearing its reply. However, it is hard to converse with a bot in general, and seemed not to be able to ask questions about things it has learned in the conversation. The best example of an ai bot I have seen for conversation is the facebook blenderbot. It will ask questions based on subjects you have discussed, even later on in the conversation, just like a real person.

For me an ideal bot in vam does not need to be overly complicated. I don't need to have deep phillisophical conversations with it. Mostly I would like the following things in a chatbot:
-voice recognition and voice reply. No text or writing as this kills immersion. The voice recognition plugin works well so its already possible. People have also successfully connected vam to external programs for running plugins, like the appearance generator for example. This is way above my knowledge but I know its possible.
- it should remember things I tell it (at least during that conversation) like my name, my wife's name (lol), etc, and ask questions to keep the conversation going.
- it should be able to talk very dirty, that goes without saying.

All this is to say that I and I am sure other people would be interested to see what you've come up with and how it works in vam.

Upvote 0
Like (I suspect) a lot of VaM users, my main uses for VaM are interactions with various "celebrities," and I've already tried to get ChatGPT to come up with dialog for my favorite movie star, inexplicably attracted to me, trying to flirt with me, and the AI has firmly rebuffed me. (I want to run the text through an AI text-to-speech generator programmed with a lengthy voice sample of the actress, and use the resulting sound files as dialog for the Real-Time LipSynch plug-in.)

So a chatbot that can handle that kind of prompt would be very useful to me.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom