Create and load appearance presets

Guides Create and load appearance presets

Ghostwalden

Reactions
I've never done the "select root" thing and have not had any problems saving appearances. What's the benefit to that?

There is no particular benefit from it.
When i select a model only the Tabs Physics, Animation, Move and Control show up.
Only when i Select Root, all the Tabs appear and i can choose the Appearance Presets Tab

Tell me, how do you save an appearance without select root

I click on the little person icon in the UI (second row on the right side) to select my look, then I click the Appearance tab, type in a name and hit save. Seems to always work OK.

Ah ok, this button results in an immediate root selection of the model, i never noticed this button.
Thanks for this information, learned something again :)
Just found out, you also can use the shortcut n on the keyboard for that.

If you have only one person in the scene, this seems to be an easy way to select it.
If there is more than one person in the scene, i thinkt its more comfortable to just click on the person i want to select
and then click on select root

Last edited:
This what I was talking about in the review:
Unfortunately, not all looks come with appearance presets, but sometimes a look will have multiple presets with different hair color or other tweaks.
AppearanceExample.png

Everything before the colon (Juno.Harmony.1) is the var in which the preset is stored, and the part after the colon is the name the creator gave the specific appearance preset: LookName.UserName.VersionNumber:AppearanceName1(2,3....)
If you want to make your own copy just replace with your own name and 'Create New Preset'.
For saving locally to subfolders, use forward slashes: SubfolderName/AppearanceName
All gets saved in Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance/

Last edited:
This what I was talking about in the review:
Unfortunately, not all looks come with appearance presets, but sometimes a look will have multiple presets with different hair color or other tweaks.
View attachment 349658

Everything before the colon (Juno.Harmony.1) is the var in which the preset is stored, and the part after the colon is the name the creator gave the specific appearance preset: LookName.UserName.VersionNumber:AppearanceName1(2,3....)
If you want to make your own copy just replace with your own name and 'Create New Preset'.
For saving locally to subfolders, use forward slashes: SubfolderName/AppearanceName
All gets saved in Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance/
Thanks for the information CheersMate.

Back
Top Bottom