Controller Link Triggers

Plugins Controller Link Triggers

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

Controller Link Triggers - Allows changing link targets and parent atoms via trigger

A small plugin that adds the ability to change "Link To" settings and parent atoms via trigger.

Thanks to @Ashen Ryder for the idea.

Usage
  1. Add to an Atom
  2. The atom's main controller (named 'control') will now have a parentAtom selector that can be modified via trigger.
  3. Each other controller will now have a linkToAtom and lingToRigidbody setting. These function similarly to the settings in the UI.
    1. The linkToAtom...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Stopper! I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a problem using this..

Firstly, this is awesome and it means I can temporarily link a person to e.g. a revolving object - so cool. But... although it works perfectly when loaded into an open scene, it only works about 80% of the time after opening a saved scene which contained the plugin when saved, less often if using Timeline to trigger.

I've tried the following:
1) Forget Timeline, apply using buttons - more effective than Timeline, but definitely not guaranteed.
2) In scene, disable/re-enable via triggers, then apply link 1 or more times. - no effect.
3) Reload the plugin after encountering the problem - this is guaranteed to work, but (afaik) can't reload plugins via trigger.

Could plugin order make a difference? Is there a way of reloading plugins via triggers that I've missed?

Many thanks for your excellent plugins and I hope to keep using this one :)

Hi Stopper! I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a problem using this..

Firstly, this is awesome and it means I can temporarily link a person to e.g. a revolving object - so cool. But... although it works perfectly when loaded into an open scene, it only works about 80% of the time after opening a saved scene which contained the plugin when saved, less often if using Timeline to trigger.

I've tried the following:
1) Forget Timeline, apply using buttons - more effective than Timeline, but definitely not guaranteed.
2) In scene, disable/re-enable via triggers, then apply link 1 or more times. - no effect.
3) Reload the plugin after encountering the problem - this is guaranteed to work, but (afaik) can't reload plugins via trigger.

Could plugin order make a difference? Is there a way of reloading plugins via triggers that I've missed?

Many thanks for your excellent plugins and I hope to keep using this one :)
So I found a bug that I'll patch shortly. It may or may not be what you're seeing. Let me know if the next version fixes it for you, and if not if you see any error logs.

Back
Top Bottom