Contortionist

Plugins Contortionist

Does anyone have some presets for realistic but bendable body? It would be great if non restricted defaults would have some limitations. I noticed that when having everything unlocked and making poses, moving body parts, body could explode because physics can't handle it. There's probably not that many things to change. Most notably knees, so they can't bend backwards, or thighs/arms going inside of the body. What I'm saying is it would be nice to have realistic unlocked preset that won't make physics go crazy when posing.

Would love to get some advice on settings for the Contortionist plug-in. I've made a nice relaxing Yoga scene (draft is attached). Would appreciate any advice on settings. I've played with a couple settings for the legs, but I really have no clue if I'm using this plug-in properly.

It would be fun to incorporate this into my next wrestling scene - something with the rather flexible AJ Lee for example...

Attachments

• Buzz.Yoga_Flex2.1.var
    104.8 MB · Views: 0
I don't know how to use this plug-in. After the character loads the plug-in, there is no response when clicking any button, and there are no parameters to adjust.

I don't know how to use this plug-in. After the character loads the plug-in, there is no response when clicking any button, and there are no parameters to adjust.
Hard to say what might be going wrong for you without additional information. Likely a compatibility issue with another plugin or an issue with scene configuration. Any diagnostic information you can provide would help me reproduce and fix. Sharing a scene would work as well.

Edit: You mentioned the AutoTranslator. I'm not sure what that is and I can't find a plugin by that name. Can you link it?

Last edited:
@Stopper can we please get any small guidance at all on how to use this plugin? I've been playing with it and manged to get it working, but I bet we're all missing some solid pro tips on when to use Unconstrain Shown and the other options.

I've found I dont have to click on Unconstrain Shown as the slider changes appear to happen in real time for me so when is this best used and is Symmetric mode like it eludes - will it change the corresponding other left/right slider? Thanks!

This is amazing. There are many interesting poses I just couldn't get the physics to agree with until I used this plugin, and now they're super easy to set up and the physics is stable.

That said...I have a couple suggestions to make it even more useful:
  1. Expose an Action for Load Preset. I have a scene with multiple interactions where I want different contortionist settings for each. It would be fantastic to just be able to trigger a preset load to accomplish adjusting the contortionist settings for the particular interaction.
  2. It would also be great if this plugin handled Enable/Disable to toggle its effects. Having this would also be a decent workaround for not having the Load Preset Action exposed, as I could just add multiples of the plugin, each tailored to a specific interaction, then toggle them as needed (one at a time enabled).

@Stopper Just wanted to report a bug I found.
lShldr highAngularXLimit adjusts the right shoulder instead of the left.
rShldr lowAngularXLimit adjusts the left shoulder instead of the right.
It seems that both shoulders might have the settings mixed up for lowAngularXLimit and highAngularXLimit, including the values that are applied when clicking "default," which results in uneven shoulders.

I'm also seeing a similar problem with lCollar lowAngularXLimit and highAngularXLimit. When in symmetric mode, if you click default on one, it changes the opposite shoulder to the wrong value.

Last edited:
This is amazing. There are many interesting poses I just couldn't get the physics to agree with until I used this plugin, and now they're super easy to set up and the physics is stable.

1. Expose an Action for Load Preset. I have a scene with multiple interactions where I want different contortionist settings for each. It would be fantastic to just be able to trigger a preset load to accomplish adjusting the contortionist settings for the particular interaction.
  2. It would also be great if this plugin handled Enable/Disable to toggle its effects. Having this would also be a decent workaround for not having the Load Preset Action exposed, as I could just add multiples of the plugin, each tailored to a specific interaction, then toggle them as needed (one at a time enabled).

This would be the last steps to make this plugin perfect.

Great work and thank you @Stopper. (y)

Any chance of you adding in the ability to load preset by trigger calls? Or am I missing something?

This would be the last steps to make this plugin perfect.

Great work and thank you @Stopper. (y)

Added in the latest version. It was a pretty simple fix, and sorry it took so long. I hadn't checked on this thread since I came back from a hiatus.

@Stopper Just wanted to report a bug I found.
lShldr highAngularXLimit adjusts the right shoulder instead of the left.
rShldr lowAngularXLimit adjusts the left shoulder instead of the right.
It seems that both shoulders might have the settings mixed up for lowAngularXLimit and highAngularXLimit, including the values that are applied when clicking "default," which results in uneven shoulders.

I'm also seeing a similar problem with lCollar lowAngularXLimit and highAngularXLimit. When in symmetric mode, if you click default on one, it changes the opposite shoulder to the wrong value.

It *should* now work. Symmetric editing needed to swap the high and low and negate the angle.

Added in the latest version. It was a pretty simple fix, and sorry it took so long. I hadn't checked on this thread since I came back from a hiatus.

Woohoo, that was fast! At least for me. 😄
Just tried loading presets. Works like a charme. Thank you very much. 🥳

Back
Top Bottom