Website
twitter.com
Twitter
JaxZoa
Patreon
JaxZoa
JaxZoa submitted a new resource:

Conditional Actions - triggers with conditions

If you have questions, want to report a bug or share ideas, you can join my discord: https://discord.gg/zHFZXGWM3G
I regularly post videos on RedGifs as well: https://www.redgifs.com/users/jaxzoa

Conditional actions is a simple plugin i created for my own scenes.
Use it to create triggers that will fire depending on a set of conditions.
I will add new condition types as i update the plugin.

Read more about this resource...

It would be nice to see in the descriptions what the conditions are. I know one condition I thought of recently was whether the user is using VR or not (to determine whether to enable PostMagic or not). Sounds interesting though :)

How is this different from Logic bricks by MacGruber and the JayJay VUML + ActionGrouper plugins? (Genuine question. I love plugins like these which add so much flexibility).

How is this different from Logic bricks by MacGruber and the JayJay VUML + ActionGrouper plugins? (Genuine question. I love plugins like these which add so much flexibility).

The workflow, i used those 3 addons, and the 3 combined are powerful, but the workflow is terrible.

With those, you'd have to add VUML, add the 2 floats, compare them and set the comparison value in a bool, then add ActionGrouper, set the bool as the trigger condition here, and finally create your action.
And that's only for a simple float comparison, now imagine you want to create a setup with multiple floats conditions, 1 or 2 bool conditions, a rotation check etc. It's either impossible, or so much work for something so basic ^^

And with the preset system, it makes it even faster x)

Last edited:
Hey Jax. I love this plugin so far. But is it possible to make more Triggers at once? like "Pressing A Starts Animaton A" and "Pressing B Starts Animaton B" or do i really have to add this plugin every time i want a new trigger? Maybe i just misunderstood something.

The workflow, i used those 3 addons, and the 3 combined are powerful, but the workflow is terrible.

With those, you'd have to add VUML, add the 2 floats, compare them and set the comparison value in a bool, then add ActionGrouper, set the bool as the trigger condition here, and finally create your action.
And that's only for a simple float comparison, now imagine you want to create a setup with multiple floats conditions, 1 or 2 bool conditions, a rotation check etc. It's either impossible, or so much work for something so basic ^^

And with the preset system, it makes it even faster x)
Awesome! This is exactly my workflow you describe, so definitely interested in your version!

Hey Jax. I love this plugin so far. But is it possible to make more Triggers at once? like "Pressing A Starts Animaton A" and "Pressing B Starts Animaton B" or do i really have to add this plugin every time i want a new trigger? Maybe i just misunderstood something.

Yep, it's one conditional action per script, but you can create presets, so it shouldn't be that much work :)

Any way to add multiple conditions? like if Situation 1 AND 2 happen the trigger whatever?

I got excited when I saw this because I thought it would allow me to make triggers based on distance between two atoms, but a dynamic, always changing value.

Like as atom 1 moves away from atom 2 it changes the value of a morph slider.

Unfortunately, this plugin cannot enable that kind of technique.

Appreciate ya though!

Hi! Very nice plugin!

I'm trying to do that with no results:

I want a trigger to fire when slider value > 0.05 and another trigger to fire when the same slider value is < 0.05.

I tried adding two copy of your plugin, one with condition > 0.05 and one with condition < 0.05... the problem is, only the > 0.05 condition fires the trigger.

Any tips?

EDIT: Never mind... i've redo this and it seems that now it works...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom