• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Conditional Actions

Plugins Conditional Actions

JaxZoa

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Twitter
JaxZoa
Patreon
JaxZoa
JaxZoa submitted a new resource:

Conditional Actions - triggers with conditions

If you have questions, want to report a bug or share ideas, you can join my discord: https://discord.gg/zHFZXGWM3G
I regularly post videos on RedGifs as well: https://www.redgifs.com/users/jaxzoa

Conditional actions is a simple plugin i created for my own scenes.
Use it to create triggers that will fire depending on a set of conditions.
I will add new condition types as i update the plugin.

Read more about this resource...

It would be nice to see in the descriptions what the conditions are. I know one condition I thought of recently was whether the user is using VR or not (to determine whether to enable PostMagic or not). Sounds interesting though :)

How is this different from Logic bricks by MacGruber and the JayJay VUML + ActionGrouper plugins? (Genuine question. I love plugins like these which add so much flexibility).

How is this different from Logic bricks by MacGruber and the JayJay VUML + ActionGrouper plugins? (Genuine question. I love plugins like these which add so much flexibility).

The workflow, i used those 3 addons, and the 3 combined are powerful, but the workflow is terrible.

With those, you'd have to add VUML, add the 2 floats, compare them and set the comparison value in a bool, then add ActionGrouper, set the bool as the trigger condition here, and finally create your action.
And that's only for a simple float comparison, now imagine you want to create a setup with multiple floats conditions, 1 or 2 bool conditions, a rotation check etc. It's either impossible, or so much work for something so basic ^^

And with the preset system, it makes it even faster x)

Last edited:
Hey Jax. I love this plugin so far. But is it possible to make more Triggers at once? like "Pressing A Starts Animaton A" and "Pressing B Starts Animaton B" or do i really have to add this plugin every time i want a new trigger? Maybe i just misunderstood something.

The workflow, i used those 3 addons, and the 3 combined are powerful, but the workflow is terrible.

With those, you'd have to add VUML, add the 2 floats, compare them and set the comparison value in a bool, then add ActionGrouper, set the bool as the trigger condition here, and finally create your action.
And that's only for a simple float comparison, now imagine you want to create a setup with multiple floats conditions, 1 or 2 bool conditions, a rotation check etc. It's either impossible, or so much work for something so basic ^^

And with the preset system, it makes it even faster x)
Awesome! This is exactly my workflow you describe, so definitely interested in your version!

Hey Jax. I love this plugin so far. But is it possible to make more Triggers at once? like "Pressing A Starts Animaton A" and "Pressing B Starts Animaton B" or do i really have to add this plugin every time i want a new trigger? Maybe i just misunderstood something.

Yep, it's one conditional action per script, but you can create presets, so it shouldn't be that much work :)

Any way to add multiple conditions? like if Situation 1 AND 2 happen the trigger whatever?

I got excited when I saw this because I thought it would allow me to make triggers based on distance between two atoms, but a dynamic, always changing value.

Like as atom 1 moves away from atom 2 it changes the value of a morph slider.

Unfortunately, this plugin cannot enable that kind of technique.

Appreciate ya though!

Hi! Very nice plugin!

I'm trying to do that with no results:

I want a trigger to fire when slider value > 0.05 and another trigger to fire when the same slider value is < 0.05.

I tried adding two copy of your plugin, one with condition > 0.05 and one with condition < 0.05... the problem is, only the > 0.05 condition fires the trigger.

Any tips?

EDIT: Never mind... i've redo this and it seems that now it works...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom