Question colored hair tips

HaiiiHarrr

Reactions
Hey everyone,

does anyone have a good way to make it so that the hair base is natural color (if anyone has a good natural red tone, please let me know, too!) and the tips are e.g. green/blue?

The root-tip rolloff is sadly kinda meh for this.

One thing I try that seems to help is to make a two piece hair do where the lower part front back and sides tips end at a uniform point and frost those tips. then for the upper 2nd pc of hair do make it one color and ensure all the tips are shorter than the first pc.

Upvote 0
One thing I try that seems to help is to make a two piece hair do where the lower part front back and sides tips end at a uniform point and frost those tips. then for the upper 2nd pc of hair do make it one color and ensure all the tips are shorter than the first pc.
Yeah, that's what I am trying to do, but to get matching ones is a pain in the butt.

ddaamm's hair is great, but sadly more of a front to back sorting instead of a top down. :D

Upvote 0

This could do it.

Upvote 0
@Origin69 I tried that plugin with a bunch of different brown gradients but couldn't get it to work, but I'm not the sharpest bulb in the sandbox.

I've attached an example I made of many variations which didnt work for me.

If you got it to work can you share your color file used or drop some genuis info dude? Thanks!

Attachments

• Brown gradient4096 2.jpg
    Brown gradient4096 2.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I had a bit of a play around and was able to get this with Watto medium 012. (don't forget to adjust the scalp material too)
hair gradient test.png

Here's the texture. I made these two mapping images to visualize how the hair is laid out horizontally and vertically and adjusted the gradient accordingly. Still a bit rough but it works.

hair gradient map horizontal.png
hair gradient map vertical.png

hair gradient root bump2.png

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom