Colored Controllers

Plugins Colored Controllers

Reactions
ImNot1mportant submitted a new resource:

Colored Controllers - Say goodbye to boring green dots !

Hello everyone ! Here is my first plugin. I was looking for something like that for ages and finally decided to make it.
The original pitch is that I hate seeing that kind of stuff :

View attachment 131641

Where is the hand ? Do I seriously have to click on each controller and read the description to find where my hand is ? You can't believe how much have I have been annoyed by that.

So I decided to create a plugin to color code those controllers.
Here is the same picture...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, Very great Idea. but for some Reasons off rot. and pos. controls now look too dim.

Attachments

• SNAG-0104.png
    SNAG-0104.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 0
Also I think better do not to use Orange color. this color is already in the game for Hold Pos and Rot.

Attachments

• SNAG-0105.png
    SNAG-0105.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi, Very great Idea. but for some Reasons off rot. and pos. controls now look too dim.
Thanks for the feedback !

Yes it can be. That's why I told in the description that you can disable it editing the script putting changeDisabledColored to false.
For information I use the controler opacity slider at 100% in VAM main settings. I should probably add a menu to do that or an opacity slider.

For the Orange color sadly I don't really have many choices for bright colors and I don't think it's a huge problem. If you can find a new color with enough contrast and look good overall I might try it.

Thanks for the feedback !

Yes it can be. That's why I told in the description that you can disable it editing the script putting changeDisabledColored to false.
For information I use the controler opacity slider at 100% in VAM main settings. I should probably add a menu to do that or an opacity slider.

For the Orange color sadly I don't really have many choices for bright colors and I don't think it's a huge problem. If you can find a new color with enough contrast and look good overall I might try it.
How about White color?

The problem is that VAM is also using colors and it becomes messy. I was wondering two things:
- replace icons with letter icons (H for Hand, F for foot etc). The will be some collisions (Head-Hand) but VAM's colour system and node names from plugin won't interfere.
- display yellow node's name (currently pointed by mouse) in screen's corner (ie. lower right).

Haven't tried your plugin yet so I don't know if colours can be customized. If so please include VAM's native colour map so it would be easier to create distinguish ones.

EDIT after try:
Genius!

Last edited:
The problem is that VAM is also using colors and it becomes messy. I was wondering two things:
- replace icons with letter icons (H for Hand, F for foot etc). The will be some collisions (Head-Hand) but VAM's colour system and node names from plugin won't interfere.
- display yellow node's name (currently pointed by mouse) in screen's corner (ie. lower right).

Haven't tried your plugin yet so I don't know if colours can be customized. If so please include VAM's native colour map so it would be easier to create distinguish ones.

EDIT after try:
Genius!
So after playing around with this plugin. I found a very bad bug. It changes nodes states.

Last edited:
The Letter icons would be really cool. Also would be really great if they will be compatible with MacGruber PowerHandles Gizmo Scale.
1655697187247.png

Alpha is applied correctly, but I see colored dots on the persons´ hands and feet only, all other dots are brown(ish).
Any ideas what could be the issue?

I'm fine with having all of the persons nodes the same color. What I'd really like is to have a different color for each person, so a two or 3 person scene isn't just a sea of green dots.

For each persons color, a bright version for enabled nodes, and a dark version for disabled.

Does your current plugin allow this? If not, I'd suggest it as an option!

Back
Top Bottom