Can't replicate Clothing preset error when triggered by button

Dragontales

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Twitter
DragoninkV
Hi @meshedvr I think I've found a relatively hidden bug. I have a scene where I have two buttons that change the clothing of two figures. If the button only changes one figure's clothing (via clothing presets) all is well...BUT...if it loads two clothing presets (and I THINK one has to be clothing preset for male), I get errors that state things are missing. It will even load the clothing, but still says it's missing. I was able to replicate this on a new default scene, however it appears two female figures are fine. It's only when one of the figures is male. And one button continued to work fine...while the other one gave me the errors. So I'm not entirely sure what the offending piece of the puzzle is, but it seems definitely reproduce-able.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm getting one preset overlaying another rather than replacing it.

If you load 2 presets back-to-back, there could be an issue as the load system can only handle 1 asynchronous load at a time. If you load a 2nd preset while the 1st clothing item is still loading, that 1st clothing item will not have a proper JSON to restore from and it was replaced by the 2nd preset load. I'll see if I can figure out a way around this.

I split it up into two buttons which wasn't really that much of a big deal. Just took me by surprise at first. So if it doesn't get resolved, it's not that big of a problem. :) But thank you for looking into it.

I have tried to replicate this issue and I have not been able to do so. If you could send me a scene where this consistently fails I can try to debug and fix. Otherwise I have to shelve this one.

Thanks

Shelve it for now...the scene I was working on is in a state of suspended animation for now until the pose presets save morph data. :) Once you have the new release out, I can try it again and see if I"m still getting the problem.

Back
Top Bottom