Clothes that interact

spidaman75

Reactions
Hi

Some clothes I use from the vam library you can move with your controllers in VR but some don't how can I tell which clothes you can interact with when they are on the model?

Hi

Some clothes I use from the vam library you can move with your controllers in VR but some don't how can I tell which clothes you can interact with when they are on the model?

Not all clothing is physics simulated. You simply can't see it, until the "Sim Enabled" is checked. I uploaded two pictures where you can see the difference between physics disabled and enabled.

If you go to the clothing tab where you can see all the clothing, there is a button which says "customize." Keep in mind that your chararacter need to wear the clothing piece before clicking on customize, otherwise the window won't open. After that, you go to physics and see if "Sim enabled" is checked. If it doesn't show any physics when checked, then it doesn't have any physics. You can also try to play with the sliders and the "undress" button. If nothing happens while the "Sim Enabled" button is checked, then it doesn't have any physics.

The video above me also explains a lot how it works.

This is as far I know the easiest way how to check if clothing has physics or not. In order to interact with it, it needs to have physics.

clothing 1.jpg
clothing 2.jpg

Checking 'Sim Only' inside clothing menu should show only items that have sim data generated/enabled.
But it's really up to each creator, if they wanna finalize clothes with sim textures or not, with sim enabled as default or not.

It's a bummer when you see something interesting on hub, download it...and than find out there's no sim at all.
Not even generic one on underwear for example...bruhh 🤦‍♂️

So you have to import it into clothing creator, export sim template (from material tab),
make own sim texture or enable uniform one, generate sim data, import it, save it.
...boring and tedious process.

Even worse are those sticky/255-red-All-day clothes that you can't fully undress (those MMD ready or whatever), usually annoying just enough to "get in a way".
Same process if you wanna undress those or be able to lift them above ass or smth (fix it inside clothing creator). :cautious:

It's a bummer when you see something interesting on hub, download it...and than find out there's no sim at all.
Not even generic one on underwear for example...bruhh 🤦‍♂️

So you have to import it into clothing creator, export sim template (from material tab),
make own sim texture or enable uniform one, generate sim data, import it, save it.
...boring and tedious process.

Even worse are those sticky/255-red-All-day clothes that you can't fully undress (those MMD ready or whatever), usually annoying just enough to "get in a way".
Same process if you wanna undress those or be able to lift them above ass or smth (fix it inside clothing creator). :cautious:

I've notice that a lot of underwear doesn't have any physics. Many just looks weird like they stick on the skin indeed. Bikini's are fine but panties aren't for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom