Answered Closing eyes as trigger?

Wolforano

Reactions
Heyho!

I create scenes for myself where I want to switch the appearance of a person before I start playing the scene. The thing is: I want to have the persons eyes closed before I go into play mode.

I guess the only way here would be to make a morph preset that has the eyes closed, but then I can't switch the appearance, right? Because switching the appearance includes morph and would open the eyes again? I couldn't find any trigger specifically for single morph changes.

Right now I am simply changing the apperance and then close the eyes manually, but it's a bit annoying.

Anyone any idea?

The standard VaM eye closing is a pose. Somewhat similar to morph, but handled a bit different.
You could very simply add a collision trigger, put it where the figure is in the scene while loading and let this trigger triggering eye closing. There are more professional ways to do this, with plugins from MacGruber, but this is a very simple way to at least test this out.
I confess I haven't completely understand what you are doing with the appearance change at start, but maybe you want to test this out. What is the issue. Is the figure blinking at the apperance change?How do you have scripted the change?
An other workaround and a nice cinematic effect would be fading in the light at start. This can hide some appearance changing and eye closing and other things while it is dark.

Upvote 0
ok, my issue here is that I cant find any trigger for closing eye. I choose Person -> and now the only thing I find is LoadMorphPreset (or something similar). I couldn't find anything that closes the eye. That is my issue here, the rest was just explaining what I want to do with that. ^^

Upvote 0
I guess the only way here would be to make a morph preset that has the eyes closed, but then I can't switch the appearance, right? Because switching the appearance includes morph and would open the eyes again? I couldn't find any trigger specifically for single morph changes.

Right now I am simply changing the apperance and then close the eyes manually, but it's a bit annoying.
ok, my issue here is that I cant find any trigger for closing eye....I couldn't find anything that closes the eye.
You could use morph preset (with only pose morph saved) and use merge load?
Also there are 2 built-in morphs Eyes Closed (REN) morph & Eyes Closed pose (incl. Closed Left+Right).
If you tick little Fav (favorite) box, than you can animate/trigger control it (Person > geometry > morph: name).

Upvote 0
ok, my issue here is that I cant find any trigger for closing eye. I choose Person -> and now the only thing I find is LoadMorphPreset (or something similar). I couldn't find anything that closes the eye. That is my issue here, the rest was just explaining what I want to do with that. ^^
OK. It"s like RandomVAMUser said. You can navigate to every morph or pose at the male/female morph tab, click the small box to add it to your favourites, and then (and only then) you can find it at the trigger controls like he said under "geometry".

Upvote 0
Awesome, thats the information I didn't have, that I can trigger a single morph as soon as its marked as Fav :) Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom