Fixed Can't Update - Update aborting - cannot download MeshedVR.Assetspack.1.var

Jimmy Buffet

Reactions
Patreon
JimmyBuffet
Hi folks,

I get an error message when I try to update. It says: "Failed to download...VaM_Updater\AddonPackages\MeshedVR.AssetsPack.1.var after 5 entries. Aborting..."

Do you know what this means? Why is this happening? Do I have do delete all my saved scenes, looks and presets and re-install?
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=24024747
Also, every scene I try to upload that depends on this asset shows that I have it but that the file size is 0.0 KB and the assets do not load into the scene.

Attachments

• VAM Error.JPG
    VAM Error.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • VAM Error 2.JPG
    VAM Error 2.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
It is likely that you unpacked this assets pack var into a directory. This is a built-in var file that is delivered with the base game. If you unpack it, the updater currently has an issue where it is not able to deal with unpacked versions of the var files included with the game. To fix, you can go into Package Manager inside VaM (there is a button to open this on the toolbar), click on this package on the left listbox, and then choose Restore To Original button to remove your unpacked version. Note if you had made changes this will remove any changes you made. You could also move the folder for this unpacked var in the AddonPackages folder to another folder name, and then the updater will be able to continue.

Also note I'm still planning to fix the updater to deal with this issue, but that became a lower priority over more recent work that needed to be done.

Back
Top Bottom