Question Can't open scene.

Aminator

Reactions
I have a scene I've been working on and I've saved versions of it along the way. Now can't open the last version I saved and also I can't open the two previous versions. I'm getting an out of memory exception error.
I think I cleared the cache on the latest one at some point.

Maybe the scene is getting too big. I think this is the first time I've had two characters that both had lengthy imported mocap files but I'm pretty sure I have successfully opened at least one of the previous two versions successfully.

Any idea what's going wrong?

I am assuming that you are able to open other scenes with no issues. Is it possible you have corrupted files? Do you get the error upon clicking load or after it attempts to load? VAM does not produce a error log to trouble shoot?

Upvote 0
It may have had something to do with me moving changing the cache directory to my C drive. I changed it back but still can't open scenes created in the last 12 hours.

If I try to open the scenes from the scene browser it just hangs a bit and then acts like nothing happened. If I try to open from the edit button it gives me errors.
I don't know if there's a way to salvage the work but I'd be happy to just be able to save things and reopen them at this point.

!> Exception during load System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

at (wrapper managed-to-native) string:InternalAllocateStr (int)

at System.Text.StringBuilder.InternalEnsureCapacity (Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append (System.Char[] value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 charCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MVR.FileManagement.FileEntryStreamReader.ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SuperController.LoadInternal (System.String saveName, Boolean loadMerge, Boolean editMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

!> Exception during load System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

at System.Text.StringBuilder.InternalEnsureCapacity (Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append (System.Char[] value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 charCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MVR.FileManagement.FileEntryStreamReader.ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SuperController.LoadInternal (System.String saveName, Boolean loadMerge, Boolean editMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Upvote 0
Not that i have a solution for your problem, but out of curiosity (since you use 2 "lengthy" mocaps).

How much system RAM you have?
How big is scene.json file? (mocap data can easily increase filesize to 300MB or more, for 1 mocap/person)
Could be too big scene (to load or mergeload, whatever you are trying todo) and you simply run out of memory and crash.

Upvote 0
My specs aren't great but I've been running VAM with no problems. I have 16gb ram and a GTX 1660ti. 6gb video card.
I'm pretty sure its not a ram issue now though because anything I save won't open. I've tried recreating the scene twice now and both times it won't open the saved file.
I screwed up VAM somehow.

Upvote 0
This seems to happen when I load one of my saved motion captures on the second character.
I seem to be able to animate the second character but as soon as import the mocap I can no longer save the scene.
Any idea what this error means?

<Truncated>

> Timeline AdvancedKeyframe ToolsScreen.ImportFileSelected: Failed to import animation: System.NullReference Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Vam Timeline ImportExportScreen Import FileSelected (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

> Exception during SaveJSON: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory at (wrapper managed-to-native) string:InternalAllocateStr (int)

at System Text StringBuilder. IntemalEnsureCapacity (Int32 size) [0x00000] i <filename unknown>:0 at System.Text StringBuilder.Append (System.Char[] value. Int32 startIndex, Int32 charCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.IO StreamReader ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MVR FileManagement FileEntryStreamReader ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at SuperController.LoadJSON (System.String saveName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 > Exception during SaveJSON: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

at System.Text StringBuilder.InternalEnsureCapacity (Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System. Text. String Builder Append (System.Char[] value, Int32 startindex, Int32 charCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System 10 StreamReader ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR FileManagement.FileEntryStreamReader.ReadToEnd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at SuperController LoadJSON (System. String saveName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Upvote 0
Hi there! Yeaaah you got into a situation where VaM is unable to "deserialize" (open) your scene because it's too large. I'm aware of this but without modifying VaM's source code, I don't have a way to "detect" and fix that. Typically it crashes when _saving_ (so you can use More, Reduce to remove keyframes) but you've been unlucky and it crashes when loading :( (at least for the first report).

So, your options for scenes you can load but cannot save are:

1. Reduce the amount of keyframes using More, Reduce (see the wiki for more info on how this works);
2. Reduce the length/amount of mocaps, and/or;
3. Convince Meshed to use a StringBuilder to serialize and deserialize strings :D

I have some plans to eventually implement another save method that would bypass VaM's serialization and use my own but that won't help you right now.

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Glad to find this, just ran into the issue myself... Timeline wouldn't save the mocap and once I finally got it to.. no plugin or scene would save or load properly with the mocap in it... I was excited because it was a big gangbang style scene, first time ever doing that but I quickly realized I can't.... Not like this.... So back to the drawing board.

Upvote 0
你好呀!是的,您遇到了 VaM 无法“反序列化”(打开)您的场景的情况,因为它太大了。我知道这一点,但如果不修改 VaM 的源代码,我就没有办法“检测”并修复它。通常,它会在保存时崩溃(因此您可以使用“更多”、“减少”来删除关键帧),但不幸的是,它在加载时崩溃:( (至少对于第一个报告而言)。

因此,您可以加载但无法保存的场景的选项是:

1. 使用“更多”、“减少”减少关键帧数量(有关其工作原理的更多信息,请参阅 wiki);
2. 减少动作捕捉的长度/数量,和/或;
3.说服Meshed使用StringBuilder来序列化和反序列化字符串:D

我有一些计划最终实现另一种保存方法,该方法将绕过 VaM 的序列化并使用我自己的序列化,但这现在对您没有帮助。

我希望这有帮助!
can you tell me

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom