Question Camera tool ?

ACC

Reactions
Hi, i'm using VAM on PC and i'm saving my animations by filming my screen with NVIDIA. It's very hard because my video is never as smooth as i want, as well as my person's movements. I'm moving the camera with my mouse ...
In Second Life i used Camera tools, but it seems VAM doesn't have one ....
Do you have answers for these problems ?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
There is a "WindowCamera" atom in your scene. After you turned that on, you can toggle between normal desktop view and the view from that camera by pressing M. Since that thing is just an atom, you can animate it using an AnimationPattern or Timeline plugin. Additionally you can apply damping using physics to achieve something like a steady cam effect.

Additionally I recommend using my FrameRateControl plugin to limit VaM to the framerate you are recording at, e.g. using VSync-Half. It's part of my Essentials package and makes recordings A LOT smoother..

Upvote 0
There is a "WindowCamera" atom in your scene. After you turned that on, you can toggle between normal desktop view and the view from that camera by pressing M. Since that thing is just an atom, you can animate it using an AnimationPattern or Timeline plugin. Additionally you can apply damping using physics to achieve something like a steady cam effect.

Additionally I recommend using my FrameRateControl plugin to limit VaM to the framerate you are recording at, e.g. using VSync-Half. It's part of my Essentials package and makes recordings A LOT smoother..

I'm trying to tweak a little bit of a scene from others and I'm not seeing the window camera atom... is there a way to enable it? Because I tried to add it but not seeing the option in adding atom menu.

Upvote 0
A scene creator might have moved it out of the way or actively hidden or deleted it. Go to the select menu (the one with a list of atoms in your scene) and try to find it there. Make sure "Show hidden" is enabled.

If it was indeed deleted, you can't add it through menus. However, as a workaround you can create a new empty scene where you delete everything except the window camera atom, then save that and merge-load it onto your actual scene.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom