Answered Broken SimSheet?

vamurai

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
vamurai
I have an odd problem with the SimSheets. If I load a scene with them, or create a new, blank scene with them, they do exactly what I expect them to when I reset the simulation: appear where I placed them, and fall with gravity. I am working on a scene right now, and it seems that if I load this scene before I load or create a scene with SimSheets, the SimSheets no longer work. They appear where I created them, and no amount of settings changes or Simulation Resets can get them to do anything. They appear where I placed them, and do not fall with gravity, do not move at all.

What on earth could I have done in the scene that I'm working on that would not only break SimSheets in the scene, but would break them for any scenes I load or create after that one closes?

After walking through and nearly one-by-one disabling plugins, disabling skin textures, clothing, scene animation, session plugins, everything I can think of, I found the culprit:

1621454658986.png

I shit you not.

I'm still not sure if it's one of these, all of these, or these when I have something else enabled. All I know is with them turned on, SimSheets broken. With them turned off, SimSheets working. It's the weirdest thing, especially breaking the SimSheets in other scenes after the scene has been closed.

Should I submit this somewhere as a bug, or...

Edit: It seems that MBeard B 03 and L 02 cause the problem, but not L 19 or U 08. There might be others, but for the time being, I intend to just avoid using those beards. *shrug*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am aware of issue you are talking about, it was bugging me for some time, but eventually i gave up.
No i don't have solution for it, or what is exact cuplit (it's not plugin that's for sure)
i suspect it has todo with person physics/sim on hair/clothing in combination with freeze on drag.

I noticed it on my ResortRoom (with 4 simSheets), when i add person with sim hair/clothing + if freeze physics on drag is enabled.
Sometimes it triggers the glitch (but not always).
There is no reset/fix once it happens, tried everything i could think of.
Move it, Reset sim on simSheet, toggle atom on/off, freeze/unfreeze, change physics setting, nothing worked....

However i don't have bug on scene save/load,
also after some period ( and i sh** you not) it just ungliches itself. :cautious::cautious:

Upvote 0
Haha, awesome. Glad to know someone else feels/felt my pain. (No, it doesn't make it better but at least I'm not alone on this island!)

Also... Is there a problem with SimSheets in general? I have a scene where I literally just have a few of them loaded in there with some ClothGrab spheres. If I load the scene and tinker around, everything is fine. If I try to load another scene after it, I get a hang on Post-Restore (Paused - Waiting For: Scene Load.) Only one time have I got it to throw an error, and it's when I loaded a blank scene after the SimSheet scene, then tried to load another scene after that.

1621457562736.png

Good times. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
I noticed it on my ResortRoom...
Also, I meant to thank you for your work in the SimSheets arena. Your Concepts scene regarding the subject is exactly what I needed to add some much-needed atmosphere to my latest scene.

All of those flowing "curtain" effects in the background? Couldn't have done it without you... or at least, it might have taken me weeks or months trying to figure it out! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Huhh...at first glance it doesn't even look like SimSheet. :unsure:
If you didn't told me i would assume it was animated CUA.

Looking good, now i see what you meant by "Good times",
must have been joy working with wonky SimSheet behaviors. :ROFLMAO:

that's why my curtains concept for resort room was last time i'll even use those inside anything (not a fan of glitchy stuff).

Upvote 0
Huhh...at first glance it doesn't even look like SimSheet. :unsure:
If you didn't told me i would assume it was animated CUA.

Looking good, now i see what you meant by "Good times",
must have been joy working with wonky SimSheet behaviors. :ROFLMAO:

that's why my curtains concept for resort room was last time i'll even use those inside anything (not a fan of glitchy stuff).
Not looking like a simsheet was the goal. I'm sure there's a good CUA out there that I could have found, or maybe made that would have the same effect. This just seemed the easiest way to accomplish it in VaM. And by "easiest" I mean "most frustrating." Ha.

But again, it was your proof-of-concept that helped here. With global light turned on, you can see how the rig works. It's just four vertical simsheets, suspended by four corner clothgrabs and four "center" clothgrabs. I have an Alpha 0 capsule running back and forth and spinning a bit along the same line as the curtains, up high. It took a bit to get the physics for the sheet set up where I wanted it, and to get the lighting right, but it paid off.

So yeah, thanks again for paving the way through the glitches! I'll likely release the curtain scene as a standalone so people don't have to recreate the wheel.

Upvote 0
I can tell this took some time, it can definitely be frustrating to work with.

Aside from wonky stuff and glitches, big limit is missing "scale" options (can't fine tune wide/height, only overall scale).
However i did experiment with alpha texture and it's kinda possible to "cut" part of SimSheet but it does look weird when used inside light environment.
But then again it might work with your dark env. (just an idea).;)

Did you "spawned" all 4 Sheets from inside-out or outside-in, curious about collisions with people in case you need to reset/respawn?

Upvote 0
I can tell this took some time, it can definitely be frustrating to work with.

Aside from wonky stuff and glitches, big limit is missing "scale" options (can't fine tune wide/height, only overall scale).
However i did experiment with alpha texture and it's kinda possible to "cut" part of SimSheet but it does look weird when used inside light environment.
But then again it might work with your dark env. (just an idea).;)

Did you "spawned" all 4 Sheets from inside-out or outside-in, curious about collisions with people in case you need to reset/respawn?
Yeah, the lacking scale options is definitely an oversight. For my uses, it's not a deal-breaker.

I am not sure if spawned them inside-out, or outsid-in, but started by manually moving them all to 0,0,0/0,0,0 and then hand-adjusted them by exact, whole numbers to where I needed them, so I think they are all facing the same way. Shockingly, I have not had to respawn them once I got them pinned up there. I can work for hours on the scene I'm producing and not one curtain will fall, even with all of the constant collisions with the capsules. It might be that the collision settings are pretty low, along with the gravity being halved.

Upvote 0
Thank you, guys

Simsheets stopped working for me suddenly and was not making any sense why. WTF, male hair was the problem o_O
Wouldn't have guessed it if I hadn't found this thread.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Thank you, guys

Simsheets stopped working for me suddenly and was not making any sense why. WTF, male hair was the problem o_O
Wouldn't have guessed it if I hadn't found this thread.

Cheers
Deciding between: "Welcome to the club, we have jackets!" and "Misery loves company."

Glad this little thread could help out!

Upvote 0
@vamurai
Reading you top answer & looking back when i got this issue...
Yeah, it could be male hair related, maybe you are onto something.
I'm also using kemenate stuff for males (body hair, pubic hair, etc...)
Again, not consistent issue but i had 2 characters loaded when it happened...i think (male+female). :unsure:

Upvote 0
@vamurai
Again, not consistent issue but i had 2 characters loaded when it happened...i think (male+female). :unsure:
Mine was hair from Jackaroo, not Kemenate. 🤷‍♂️
The 2 females in the same scene showed no impact on the simsheet.

And now comes the trouble of the missing colliders in the male body 😅

Upvote 0
Mine was hair from Jackaroo, not Kemenate. 🤷‍♂️
The 2 females in the same scene showed no impact on the simsheet.

And now comes the trouble of the missing colliders in the male body 😅
@vamurai
I definitely sorted it out by removing those specific male beards. I never dug past that, just switched to beards that worked. I wonder what the root commonality here is?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom