• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Best scene to show off models?

baldee

Reactions
Is there a scene that is good for showing off models? Maybe some plugins that enhance the models and lighting? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yeah, lots of idle animation scenes that are good for that. For enhancement you can use a color tone CUA and a plugin like Post Processing or PostMagic, though a lot of scenes may already have them.

There are also dance scenes and mmd stages like the one below with lots of control of lighting effects.

Yeah, lots of idle animation scenes that are good for that. For enhancement you can use a color tone CUA and a plugin like Post Processing or PostMagic, though a lot of scenes may already have them.

There are also dance scenes and mmd stages like the one below with lots of control of lighting effects.

Upvote 0
Solution
To add some more scenes: Pretty much every environment from Damarmau is great for this.

Shameless self-promo, I made some scenes for showcasing looks too

For plugins, as mentioned above, CUA Colortone asset and PostMagic with LUT presets are great starting points to make the lighting less flat. Finding the best combo of PostMagic settings and LUT can be tricky, so start with PostMagic presets from scenes you like and start tweaking them.
On top of that you can use Light Options to get sharper and more accurate shadows, plus HPVL to get atmospheric fog lights.

Another idea is to look at how other creators showcase their looks and take inspiration 🙂

Upvote 0
I will try those ty...I've noticed that models look very different depending on what scene they are in...some scenes they look terrible while in others they look incredible.
To add some more scenes: Pretty much every environment from Damarmau is great for this.

Shameless self-promo, I made some scenes for showcasing looks too

For plugins, as mentioned above, CUA Colortone asset and PostMagic with LUT presets are great starting points to make the lighting less flat. Finding the best combo of PostMagic settings and LUT can be tricky, so start with PostMagic presets from scenes you like and start tweaking them.
On top of that you can use Light Options to get sharper and more accurate shadows, plus HPVL to get atmospheric fog lights.

Another idea is to look at how other creators showcase their looks and ta

Upvote 0
I will try those ty...I've noticed that models look very different depending on what scene they are in...some scenes they look terrible while in others they look incredible.

The "Scene Lighting" tab right here can help a lot with that particular issue. Particularly for cartoony models, you might want to crank up the Global Illum Diffuse Intensity, but you could also adjust the Unity Ambient Light Color chroma-slider if you don't mind affecting the entire scene. Changing the "Global Illum Sky" option can also wildly alter how VAM's GI system lights everything in the scene, so it might be wise to start with that and then tinker from there.

1718586581687.png

Obviously the actual individual lighting atoms also make a huge difference but this tab right here will generally help with accommodating all model types & texture sets, regardless of the scene's atom setup.

Other good resources to customize the visuals are PostProcessing by moyashi, and PostMagic by MacGruber, but these can sometimes introduce other issues to your scene, some fixable (depending on your familiarity with the tools/bugs) and some not.

Upvote 0
The "Scene Lighting" tab right here can help a lot with that particular issue. Particularly for cartoony models, you might want to crank up the Global Illum Diffuse Intensity, but you could also adjust the Unity Ambient Light Color chroma-slider if you don't mind affecting the entire scene. Changing the "Global Illum Sky" option can also wildly alter how VAM's GI system lights everything in the scene, so it might be wise to start with that and then tinker from there.

View attachment 378948

Obviously the actual individual lighting atoms also make a huge difference but this tab right here will generally help with accommodating all model types & texture sets, regardless of the scene's atom setup.

Other good resources to customize the visuals are PostProcessing by moyashi, and PostMagic by MacGruber, but these can sometimes introduce other issues to your scene, some fixable (depending on your familiarity with the tools/bugs) and some not.
I'll play around with this and see what I can come up with...lots of knobs and dials lol...thanks for your input...I appreciate it

Upvote 0

Yeah, could just be lighting setup is different across scenes. Another setting affecting your overall lighting is Pixel Lights Count in Performance tab. Most complex lighting scenes have 4+ lights, so make sure this value is set to 6. Else VaM just disables some lights and scene ends up looking flat and weird without shadows.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom