• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Automatically reject .depend.txt files

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
I think people upload them in Hub because they don't know whether it's useful or not. Since dependencies are already extracted from the var, it would be nice to just refuse them at upload time, or silently strip them. I'm guessing people who download may not know either what it's used for and download them "just in case".

Oh yeah... tweaking the dependencies tab is still on the to do list. The good news at least is that for the in-game browser, it downloads the dependency versions referenced in the parent var file, and not just the latest.

So @MacGruber you're saying it's still needed _until_ the dependencies tab show the required version, right? I'm not sure people actually open the txt file to figure that out currently (no way to know for sure). I guess there's no _problem_ with it, it just seemed useless to me :)

@CitizenX implemented some updates to the dependencies tab and I just rolled out to production. The dependencies tab now shows the version referenced and the download link will go to that version if found. If not found, it will present options for other versions that are found.

@CitizenX implemented some updates to the dependencies tab and I just rolled out to production. The dependencies tab now shows the version referenced and the download link will go to that version if found. If not found, it will present options for other versions that are found.
Thanks, this is much better! :)

Note that it still does not show which VARs actually needs what. E.g. SecretRoom does not have any dependencies at all, it's the demo scenes in a separate VAR that needs them: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/secretroom.75/dependencies

Back
Top Bottom