Automatic and manual dependency aquisition - no more "broken" Scenes

Guides Automatic and manual dependency aquisition - no more "broken" Scenes

EasyVam

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
EasyVam submitted a new resource:

Automatic and manual Dependency aquisition - no more "broken" Scenes - learn how to get dependencies the right way.

After downloading a .var file from the Hub and installing it by pasting it into X:\VaM\AddonPackages, you will have to download Dependencies or your downloaded Content will look half empty, half broken or both.

The described ways of Dependency aquisition in this Guide will work for any Free and Paid content you might find out there. Old paid...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, good basic guide. (y) But restarting or hard resetting VAM is not necessary to get the var to load up - you can also go to Package Manager and click Rescan packages:

1714667724858.png

1714667713355.png

In addition, to download only the dependencies required by that specific var, it can be more useful to find the var in the Hub Browser and download the packages from the resource specific Download All button. This way you don't need to necessarily download all of the other stuff that's missing just to be able to use content from a specific var.

Hi, good basic guide. (y) But restarting or hard resetting VAM is not necessary to get the var to load up - you can also go to Package Manager and click Rescan packages:
Thanks for this info, i didnt know that - i thought the hard reset/restart was mandatory, will add this to the guide. <3

As for the specific .var dependency download, im not sure if its the right thing to add it to this guide (please feel free to change my mind). I want it to have a less-is-more approach to be something basic, lightning fast & simple for the new people that may face the overwhelming amount of things to learn for VaM. Besides that, i cant find reasons (yet?) to include single-var-dependency downloads except for a bloated AddonPackages folder - which would punish you with mass-downloads when using the auto downloader. In this case, the users Addonpackages folder needs to be unfucked asap instead of showing him/her ways to drip water into an overfilled bucket. I basically only added the manual option to have something for people which dont feel comfortable pressing a mass-download button inside of software they maybe dont fully trust yet.

Back
Top Bottom