Question Atom controller issues after un-parenting

BlastHardCheese

Reactions
I've been learning how to animate with Timeline for a few months now, and I keep getting this reoccurring issue:
I currently have the the actor's hand controller parented to the thigh of the other atom, experimenting with the different links and whatnot. Now I'm trying to un-parent it so I can just animate it normally. But after un-parenting it when timeline plays, the controller snaps back to a weird position, and won't be re positioned. I've cleared the saved pose and re-posed the atom, but as soon as I hit play the controllers (just the hands that were parented) snap-back to that same position. I can put other key frames down the timeline, but again they'll snap-back and then move relative to the messed up original position. The only time they don't snap back to position is if I turn the controllers OFF, otherwise I can't get them to move off that position at the first frame.
It feels like some kind of bug, and normally this is where I get frustrated and quit, but I'm hoping someone has some insight so I don't have to once again scrap a bunch of work and start over. (Or better yet, something simple and stupid I'm overlooking)

1724285060011.png
1724285178573.png

Back
Top Bottom