• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Parenting and unparenting.

Aminator

Reactions
I'm making a scene where one character is carrying another. I set up an empty parented to the characters abdomen. Then in timeline I clicked the second characters control and in the settings I parented it to the empty. Now I want to unparent it about halfway through animation 3 but I can't figure out how.
I tried creating a keyframe on the control node in animation 3 and selected "none" but that didn't seem to work.

Careful with adding "Control" as a target in Timeline. It can be very convenient at first but then screw you over for other needs.
You can un/parent within Timeline, if that wasn't the method you used:
You can also save poses, that would be a way to un/parent things.

Upvote 0
I cant figure out how to parent the character without the control. I tried parenting the hip but when she starts walking the person being carried doesn't move with her.
Can I use the parentholdlink plugin?
I basically need the character to be attached at the hip to the woman's abdomen. Everything from the waist down I want to be locked in place and move along with her. The head and arms will be possessed.
Id like to unparent when she sets him down but I can't figure that out. Is it in the control settings? I don't see anything in the wiki.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if you parent the hip but other controls are ON the hip will be pulled but the others will stay put. In that case parenting control would make it a easier as everything would go (I think).
Another option is to create a parallel animation for the dragged person.
Probably other better options exist, it's difficult to know what will serve you best in the long run and the scene necessities.

Upvote 0
I used rubber leash and parented the control to an empty which is parented to her abdomen. It seems to work but in vr mode the head has to be moved manually with the body and that's a mess.
I don't know if I can parent the head or something to make it move but also still be able to move it in vr mode. I assume the head control can't be turned off if you're possessing it.
I might try animating the head or parenting into an empty that's animated. I don't know what happens if I possess a head that's animated in some way.
Doesn't the VR override everything in that case?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom