Question Are there any good scenes for planning clothing?

JohnTW

Reactions
Ok, so I'm going through my excessive collection of vars. I'm trying on each thing to see what it is and how it works, tagging it with my own custom tags, and then I'm going to be creating a bunch of clothing presets.

I've been trying to find a simple scene to help, and, while I've tested a bunch, I have yet to find one that's good for this. Many 'for creators' scenes are either static or animated with the animation being excessive (the part you're looking at keeps moving around.) Those that have built-in poses have literally hundreds with no way to 'choose.' And most of them try too hard to be sexy or atmospheric for a 'working' scene. None of that is criticism - some of them are great scenes. They're just not suitable for getting work done.

I'm mostly looking to be able to quickly check clothing fit and design in certain poses. For example, some crotchless panties allow for anal - others do not, and it's hard to tell with a standing pose. Some clothing can handle spread legs. Others cannot and have conniptions.

I'm going to describe the 'ideal' scene, just for clarity.

Ideally, I'd like to find is one that lets me click buttons for a number of simple, basic poses: Casual standing, standing legs apart, sitting, sitting with legs apart, bent over, on knees, lying on stomach, lying on back, lying with legs apart, crouching (all preferably with the hands out of the way - hands on hips, etc often interferes with the clothing.) Maybe a button for flipping the model 180 and one for beginning a slow rotation (maybe with idles.) And preferably with a simple or 'void' background, clean (non-colored) lights that provide good illumination.

If I were more knowledgeable, I would design this scene myself. If I become knowledgeable later, I still may. And while I doubt what I described exists (at least I haven't been able to find it), I was hoping someone might know of one that comes close.

The best scene is the one you make as it fits exactly what you're looking to do. Start with a really basic scene with your essential needs and then build on it. Making something is the best way to learn as you start to get a feeling for how things work, how much work it's needed for something, how you can improved your workflow, and so on.
Your barebones scenes can start as something like this:
  • Person atom
  • Several UIbuttons that will load a pose preset on the person with a trigger like person > pose preset > loadpresetfrompath
  • Pose presets: either use existing ones or make your own
This is your base scene, later on you can expand it to be able to rotate on a axis, have multiple viewpoints, etc.
Don't delay it, build this scene.

I have a very old scene like that:
You can use it to check on how some things were done, but it would be much better if you attempted to make your own from scratch. Don't bother downloading the clothes dependencies in that scene, you don't need them, and once you're done with the scene, delete it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom