Anyone want to try out multiplayer?

Indeed. Somebody needs to do a new plugin.
I am not expecting VRChat here, just a very simple Person to Person link for just two machines. Don't need matchmaking or lobbies etc, just "enter the other persons IP address" and establish a direct link.
Assuming you both have the same scene you just need to send the pose/position for your model and receive theirs.
This would allow 2 people to "share" an experience within a scene and could have amazing possibilities especially for people having long distance relationships.

LoL, well some might but that wasn't what I meant.
I was thinking more for partners (of any gender coupling) who don't live together/close. They could use VaM in VR and posses an avatar each. If you add in a hands free phone call so you can talk to each other it's a whole new kind of cybersex/phonesex possible.
Gets even more fun if you add in some of the IRL toys that now interface with VaM like the OSR2, which moves in sequence with a linked VaM body part.
I think this could be a massive use for VaM and has gone very much ignored so far.
Imagine if you get full body tracking too, almost endless possibilities.

VAM Multiplayer v1.0

Feel abit off fapping with another dude next to me.
I reckon it would awkward AF. Great concept... for the right people and the right situation. But me personally, I think i'll stick to motion capture for now. Still as a programmer and and mechatronics engineering student that is planning to head in the direction of Virtual Reality and Digital Sex Devices... I'm going to keep a very close eye on this one.

This is perfect for remote couples that both have VR setups, so not many!
That said, I would love to see a programmer integrate this into an AI.
Forget having VaM on both sides, have the "user" running VaM with full body tracking being inside the virtual environment. The other person in the scene however would be an AI bot. Instead of running VaM the AI would connect to the server and send/receive body positions so it could move it's 'own body' as well as see and interact with the 'real' person in VaM.
The programmer could then focus entirely on the movement of the AI body and working out how it interacts with another person. I would love to see this develop!
I am sure there are existing AI models out there that could be integrated with this to send their body movements over to VaM.

VAM Multiplayer v1.0

Thanks for bringing that to the Hub! I'll try it as soon as I can.

Could be great to create a scene with multiple creators at the same time! For stuff that can be done separately, of course. Like creating an environment, where each creator could take care of a section.

I reckon it would awkward AF. Great concept... for the right people and the right situation. But me personally, I think i'll stick to motion capture for now. Still as a programmer and and mechatronics engineering student that is planning to head in the direction of Virtual Reality and Digital Sex Devices... I'm going to keep a very close eye on this one.
I think your financial future is safe. I, personally, have the feeling that VaM and us are kind of an "avantgarde". Make this more realistic and spread the word, the rest will follow.

I've been trying to get this to work with my girlfriend for about a day and a half now and im pretty much lost at this point, i matched the ip, port, protocol in the script file and also the server file, the connection itself works but my girlfriend crashes whenever she presses connect, just freezes and eventually just a full on crash. I was really hoping this would work and itd be very much appreciated if i could perhaps get help if even anybody will see this.

Are you doing this from inside the same house or between different locations?
The main issue is you need to open a firewall hole on your router if you are further apart than on the same router.
Windows firewall can also cause issues.
I ran the server on a Raspberry Pi I had spare to take my PC out of the question with issues, so if I can then connect to the Pi server I know everything except the incoming router firewall is working.
Can you post the specifics of how you have it setup, what machines, what's running where, what networks etc.

So pretty much we are long distance temporarely for a while so im trying to set up a VaM server on my own PC, i opened and allowed a specific port on both ends both ingoing and outgoing, i have port forwarding enabled. I fixed the crashing on my girlfriends side but the only problem now is that when my girlfriend tries to connect to my server she gets this error

unknown.png

Are you entering the correct IP address?
Remember, the IP address she enters on the remote end is NOT the same as the IP you would see on your PC (as the server) because of NAT on your router.
You need to know your public IP address. Go to a "whatismyip" address website and get your public IP, she enters that.
The port forwarding on your router then takes that specific port number and points it to the internal IP of your PC (that you find inside windows in your network settings).
I hope this helps.

Yeah i've rechecked and retried everything and im using my personal ipv4 address to join myself which works and made her use my public ipv4 but still got the same error sadly

Got an update, i got both of us to connect by downloading hamachi on both ends and using the ipv4 through there, i wish it fully fixed there but now the connecting side has extreme stuttering lag when playing no matter the settings so im just gonna give up until an actual fleshed out multiplayer mode for this will be introduced

Thank you for replying and trying to help

Ahh, ok. That makes sense. You will be introducing horrible jitter and lag with Hamachi, that isn't the fault of the multiplayer plugin.
Also, the fact that works suggests that there are still network setup issues, probably to do with firewalls and the port forwarding that are not right.
I would remove the hamachi stuff and persevere with setting the network up correctly. It's complex stuff so quite possible something stupid was causing a problem. I would personally point my finger at windows firewalls but sadly nothing I could say without a detailed look at your system which isn't really possible.
Good luck either way.

Back
Top Bottom