Anyone experimenten w/ CloudXR yet?

gaatjenunixaan

Reactions
CloudXR is NVIDIA's solution for streaming virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and mixed reality (MR) content from any OpenVR XR application on a remote server—cloud, data center, or edge. The CloudXR streaming solution includes NVIDIA RTX™ hardware, NVIDIA RTX Virtual Workstation (vWS) drivers, and the CloudXR software development kit (SDK).

What this means you no longer have to buy expensive gaming hardware in order to run hifi VR applications. Or at least, that's the goal. I have gained access and started setting up a rig using this excellent tutorial but was wondering who else has been experimenting and if so, what results they achieved.

Hello.
I haven't tried it yet but I'm interested in trying it out.
I registered but I still haven't got access.

Could we think of CouldXR as a virtually unlimited graphics card for VR?

I'm a user of PlutoSphere and it offers a reasonable service for VAM and other app/games but far from being the best results, also having an expensive price plus a need to a monthly subscription for persistence.
By the way, it's cardboard is a Tesla T4.

I'm also curious if we could install VAM on Steam on the "GeForce Now" service, which would apparently provide a good experience on its highest plan, however the service is currently sold out in my region and I'm also waiting.
Also, meanwhile I'm looking for another service like that accepting VR applications with a top cardboard like that but I couldn't find any other.

We would appreciate it if you could post your progress here and also anyone else trying to do so.
So i will do it too as soon as I can get my hands on it. 🤗

Hello again.

News from mine :D
GeForce Now is not as I thought, it doesn't accept any game, just those one with a pre defined setup, even accepting Steam games. And even accepting any Steam games I think it's not ready to run as app client on a VR headset.

But the good news are that I have been accepted on CloudXR right now and I'll start today to follow the tutorial @gaatjenunixaan posted.

By the way, if anyone interested in share tips and guidance to run it, it would be great.
Is there a channel for this at VaM Discord? It would be a nice idea if we can have one.
In any case you can mention me there #snowkidy#9632

See you

Back
Top Bottom