• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Any way to have more than 6 pixel lights in one scene?

As I understand it, the pixel light count doesn't limit how many can be in a scene. It limits how many can be illuminating any single vertex. So if you find yourself needing more than 6 in your scene, think about limiting where the lights shine. For example use spot lights rather than point lights, so each light is only illuminating the surfaces you intend it to light, with no unintended spillover. A couple point lights off in the distance may not be providing useful illumination to a specific part of the scene, but they still count towards the light limit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I understand it, the pixel light count doesn't limit how many can be in a scene. It limits how many can be illuminating any single vertex. So if you find yourself needing more than 6 in your scene, think about limiting where the lights shine. For example use spot lights rather than point lights, so each light is only illuminating the surfaces you intend it to light, with no unintended spillover. A couple point lights off in the distance may not be providing useful illumination to a specific part of the scene, but they still count towards the light limit.
So is there a way to have more than 6 pixel lights illuminating a single vertex?

Upvote 0
I don't think so. Whichever Vam decides is the least important light will be turned into a vertex light.

Upvote 0
So is there a way to have more than 6 pixel lights illuminating a single vertex?
Hey! Check this out!
1672715643506.png

In your Vam root directory, open "prefs.json" with a text editor. Search for "pixelLightCount", change it to whatever you want, and save.

It seems to work, though I haven't actually tested it out. Not sure how i would!

Upvote 0
Or try setting renderMode to ForcePixel (default:Auto) on all lights to prevent switching Point/Vertex mode.
It should also bypass pixel light count on user settings.

Upvote 0
Hey! Check this out!View attachment 194767

In your Vam root directory, open "prefs.json" with a text editor. Search for "pixelLightCount", change it to whatever you want, and save.

It seems to work, though I haven't actually tested it out. Not sure how i would!
I've tested it , it seems worked! thanks for your help~👍

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom