An easy way to delete unwanted files?

garibaldi18

Reactions
My SSD is pretty big but not unlimited in capacity and I’ve quickly accumulated countless scenes, looks, etc.

A lot of these items/files I really don’t need, especially the older resources.

It seems pretty cumbersome to delete them in Windows bc they are often in random places , have long file names, plus often don’t have thumbnails so it’s hard to figure out what to get rid off.

Hopefully I’ve made my objective clear. Is there any easy way to delete unwanted files, either within VAM or Windows?

Thanks!

There's plenty of posts to search for about the same topic and tools available in Plugins or Other resources.
I did see one plugin for this but some reviews said they lost a lot of their files doing so! Was hoping for a less risky option.

Browser assist has delete var option for most stuff.

You may want to just do a fresh VAM install and just transfer over the stuff you know you want to keep. I've done that a few times.

Thanks! I’ll check it out
If you've not tried browser assist yet I can testify that it is the quickest way to delete vars. You can select 100's of scenes by holding Ctrl and left clicking them to add to a list and you can then delete them all with one click. You have to go into settings to allow the mass delete function. Cant remember if it was a paid/free function though.

Browser assist has delete var option for most stuff.

You may want to just do a fresh VAM install and just transfer over the stuff you know you want to keep. I've done that a few times.
I am using the free browser assist and it is working well. One time I went a bit nuts and deleting too many things, and this sort of screwed with the game’s functionality. It has a bulk “hide” option so I’ve been using that for the files that come by default with VAM. It’s a great plugin so far.

I am using the free browser assist and it is working well. One time I went a bit nuts and deleting too many things, and this sort of screwed with the game’s functionality. It has a bulk “hide” option so I’ve been using that for the files that come by default with VAM. It’s a great plugin so far.
A good way to delete more safely is to go through the browserassist and select "hide" on all the vars/scenes that you don't want. then when you've finished hiding the rubbish you can press on the tags section and select "Show only hidden", that way you can at least double check that you haven't accidentally added a var that you actually wanted to keep. Basically I'm using hidden option as a vam recycling bin lol.

A good way to delete more safely is to go through the browserassist and select "hide" on all the vars/scenes that you don't want. then when you've finished hiding the rubbish you can press on the tags section and select "Show only hidden", that way you can at least double check that you haven't accidentally added a var that you actually wanted to keep. Basically I'm using hidden option as a vam recycling bin lol.
Thank you!

Does anyone know where the VAR's go when they are deleted? I'm hoping I can restore a few I deleted accidentally.

Back
Top Bottom