• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

AlternateUI

Plugins AlternateUI 1.1

via5

Reactions
via5 submitted a new resource:

AlternateUI - Morphs UI replacement and several tweaks.

Introduction
AlternateUI mainly replaces the male and female morphs UI, but also has several tweaks that can be enabled.

Usage
Add AlternateUI.cslist from via5.AlternateUI.x as a session plugin. To load the plugin every time VaM starts, save it as the default session plugin preset. The plugin UI contains toggles for every feature.

[IMG...

Read more about this resource...

I know, I know, via5, end users are never satisfied - and being in tech support I totally get requests sound like we're not apprciative, actually I've been waiting for a reliable working pluing like this since VAM's birth as the built-in one just sucks and is slow. Your version is like a whole new game type of improvement, a skyrocket high difference and I thank you very much for your labors here.

That acknowledged, as I'm used to seeing moprhs listed over the last 4 or so years in a lighter color is there any easy way in the code to display your morph magic in a lighter color, such as a light grey and if not an inverse of the dark grey/black to a white background? If not, no biggie, just will retrain my morph scanning eyes to adjust to the dark color display. Thank you

thank you very much for your labors here.

I appreciate your kind words. I do this mostly for myself, but I'm glad it can help others.

is there any easy way in the code to display your morph magic in a lighter color

I also had issues with it at first because it's so different, but now I'm so used to it I'm lost when I revert to the builtin UI.

There's no way to change the colours through the UI itself, but if you want, you can extract the var in your VaM folder, it's just a folder /Custom/Scripts/AlternateUI/. After that, you can open project/src/VUI/Style.cs in a text editor and have a look at the colours in the Theme class. Changing the colour in BackgroundColor on line 204 to something like new Color(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f); would make it look like this:

colours.png

Of course, you'd also have to change some of the other colours so they're darker, like the text, but all the colours should be in this code. I originally had plans for multiple themes, but I'm not sure when or if I'll have time for it.

Awesome, thank you, exactly what I was hoping for!!

I've been meaning to learn regex as the platform I support for work uses it, but I dont know much at all - to help get me started with one last question answered, if I want to find morphs with 3 words "flat" "face" "lower", what website is best you'd recommend a noob read to catch on learning regex quicker? A lot of them as SOOO confusing :/

I want to find morphs with 3 words "flat" "face" "lower"

If you want all morphs that contain at least one of these names, you'd write something like /(flat|face|lower)/ in the search box. (The slashes are just a convention for "this is a regex".) If you want the morphs that contain all three words in any order, you can try /(?=.*flat)(?=.*face)(?=.*lower)/.

what website is best you'd recommend a noob read to catch on learning regex quicker?

No idea. The Wikipedia article isn't suitable for beginners, so I'd google "regex tutorial" to get the basics. Then do what everybody else does, just google what you need and use the accepted answer on Stack Overflow. Nobody learns regexes, we just copy paste them.

sigh...I directly properly copied both regex examples into this UI plugin search field to first test if the suggested examples work, and they dont work for me. I have all categories selected and nothing set to active or favorites - maybe your plugin doesn't like west coast US whiteys?

I directly properly copied both regex examples into this UI plugin search field to first test if the suggested examples work, and they dont work for me.

The first one works for me:

re.png

I don't have anything with all three words in my test instance right now, but replacing lower with left (so /(?=.*flat)(?=.*face)(?=.*left)/) gives me one:

re2.png

You are probably the only one who will be able to implement this function: create sets of tags (in order not to constantly enter the same values).
2023-01-26_235200.jpg

It would also be nice to have multiple sets of favorites, for example: fav1= expression morphs, fav2= timeline animation morphs, fav3= hand pose morphs, etc.

create sets of tags (in order not to constantly enter the same values).

I can have recent or saved searches, shouldn't be too hard. I've already implemented something for recent plugins, which will be available in the next version:

recent.png

It would also be nice to have multiple sets of favorites

I'm using VaM's favorites system, it's not specific to AUI. I think saved searches would be equivalent, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

I can have recent or saved searches, shouldn't be too hard. I've already implemented something for recent plugins
Yes, excellent. If the last entered filters will be saved at least within one session, but it is better if they can be saved as a drop-down list

It would also be nice to have multiple sets of favorites

Now that I thought about this a bit, it's not equivalent to searches at all. It'd be a lot of work to create my own favourite system, so I'll keep this on the todo list for now.

via5 updated AlternateUI with a new update entry:

This update is backward compatible. Replace the existing via5.AlternateUI.1.var file.

New UI overhauls
  • Clothing UI
New UI elements
  • Button to reset everything in Scene Lighting.
  • Button to reset everything in Skin Materials 2.
  • Recent list for all Plugins UI.
  • Recent list for CustomUnityAsset.
New tweaks
  • Disable...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey via5, any chance I can edit one of the json files to target the chest instead of the haed, and if so, which one please?

1677441159674.png

any chance I can edit one of the json files to target the chest instead of the haed

No, that's not configurable, but it's not too difficult to change. You can unzip the .var file and use the script from Custom/Scripts/AlternateUI instead. Open Custom/Scripts/AlternateUI/project/src/Features/Tweaks.cs in a text editor and change line 340 from

C#:
if (fc.name == "headControl")

to

C#:
if (fc.name == "chestControl")

Great plugin, but having this as a session plugin spams my error log with these kind of errors constantly every now and then:

!> 04:24:14.041 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:15.042 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:16.057 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:17.064 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:18.078 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:19.078 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:20.086 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:21.086 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:22.100 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:23.100 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:24.108 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:25.109 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:26.122 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:27.123 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:28.122 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:29.130 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:30.145 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:31.153 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:32.153 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:33.167 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:34.170 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:35.178 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:36.187 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:37.188 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:38.188 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:39.189 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:40.189 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:41.190 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:42.195 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:43.200 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:44.210 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:45.213 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:46.214 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:47.816 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter
!> 04:24:48.826 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Pers

Could be related to having VamX also, but how could I fix this? Thanks!

Last edited:
spams my error log with these kind of errors constantly every now and then:
!> 04:24:14.041 !![E] aui.clothing.uiMod.Person#2: no DAZCharacter

That's unusual. Can you confirm that Person#2 is just a regular Person atom in your scene?

To get rid of the warning, you'll have to disable the clothing UI entirely in the plugin options for now.

The plugin would be avesome, the way its present morphs is cool. but what made it unusable for me is that search work only with exact regex.

Please redo it so if one search eg "brea+le" it will find all plugins that has brea and le in that oreder. and "brea*le" it wil find any that has both( or more in any order). Regex are too complicated for users to learn and remember for that simple searchings and too many things you have to write when most of the time you want to find morph with just that simple params i write. (or if its too hard to separate such behaviur from native regex just add param that we can check for that simplier search.

Please consider to add is asap couse rest of plugin is awesome :D

Heya via!
I just wanted to inform you that this plugin apparently gets into conflict with Naturalis from Everlaster. What I mean is the following
13.png

I already talked to ever and according to him, apparently the plugin (naturalis) once it loads the .dll, automatically removes that and so your plugin here keeps throwing the same error over and over (because I think that it tries to search for it but to no avail), which is technically a bug because if I disable the "Plugin UI" option (the one that lets you choose the last plugin used/installed) and enable it again, the error stops popping up and Naturalis of course work as well as your plugin.
It's not annoying honestly since like I said it can be stopped, but I just wanted to let you (and other folks) know :)

I just wanted to inform you that this plugin apparently gets into conflict with Naturalis from Everlaster. [...] if I disable the "Plugin UI" option (the one that lets you choose the last plugin used/installed) and enable it again, the error stops popping up

Can you clarify the steps to reproduce the problem? I've tried adding and removing Naturalis.dll or Naturalis.cslist, but I'm not able to trigger the error. I've tried Naturalis 15 and 21 on VaM 1.22.0.3.

Can you clarify the steps to reproduce the problem? I've tried adding and removing Naturalis.dll or Naturalis.cslist, but I'm not able to trigger the error. I've tried Naturalis 15 and 21 on VaM 1.22.0.3.
Any sitrep for upcoming update for hair UI 👀

Back
Top Bottom