Alpha Trigger Timer

pizzlepole

Reactions
I'm having an issue trying to use the timer function of combined material alpha on a piece of clothing. The effect I'm going for is to have it fade in/out via respective triggers. For some reason when I check "Use Timer" and set any length of time (even .1), the alpha will not change to the new value all. However if I move the timer length to 0.00, the alpha will change instantaneously to the new value as if I didn't have the timer turned on at all. Has anyone run into this problem and have a solution?

Follow-up question... Does anyone know the default timer length with a value of 1? (1 minute/60 sec?). Could the range be off causing my problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

I ust tried with some piece of clothing setting a alpha value to something different than the current one, time for 3 seconds, and it worked just fine.
Try it with a different clothing to see if it works.

So I've was playing around with the same scene and noticed trigger timers not working correctly for non-clothing items neither. This time it's to trigger an animation pattern speed to increase over a length of time. When I test the trigger event on its own, it works fine. But when it is triggered by a state change, it does not fire. This is the same issue I was having with with the clothing. Could there be some setting in the scene not allowing timers to work?

On a side note, this is an old scene I'm messing with that was originally created with Mr. Orange's Dollmaster Modified 3 plugin. I removed the plugin from the person atom and all traces of it in the scene atoms (Doll Control Person, Doll SFX Person, etc). I'm not sure if it matters, but could the scene originally being loaded with this plugin enabled mess with the timers? (Animation Pattern or any other timer trigger event?)

I know there were some issues with Animation Patterns with the latest updates, maybe you found a new bug.
Old scenes can have all kinds of problems, so much changed in VaM and plugins.

I've seen this before. I don't know what causes it or what the full fix is. It seems to work on some items and not others.

Thank you all for your input. I'll just wait to see if there's another patch that might address this.

@atani, should I report this to someone?

Would be best to do that, might not have been spotted yet.
Describe how to replicate the problem to help in debugging.

I am facing the same issue, using 50s cum pack and changing the alpha, the moment I set a timer value the trigger to change the alpha of the cloth is ignored.

The problem is likely the source of the trigger, not the target. The atom/plugin doing the triggering needs to continously update the timer. Make sure your atom/plugin is not disabled. Some plugins with a custom trigger implementation might not have implemented them correctly, i.e. forgetting to call the update every frame.

My plugins should support this. You could try to use a LogicBricks Relay brick to do the timer for you, trigger the Relay from your original source.
As an alternative, you can of course also try to use a Blend brick instead of VaM's timer feature.

I have tried 2 different things:
-Making the trigger from a VAMMoan Event.
- Making the trigger from VAMTimeline.

The event I am calling is changing the Alpha of a cloth. It doesn't work either way.

I am facing the same issue, using 50s cum pack and changing the alpha, the moment I set a timer value the trigger to change the alpha of the cloth is ignored.
I learned how to use the alpha off of the same pack and the biggest mistake i made was actually trying to add alot of triggers into the same row, but finally got it working after i split each one into a different entry/row.

Back
Top Bottom