2X Alpha wont launch in VR

balianthemighty

Reactions
No matter how I try to open it, it wont launch in VR. I'm on a Quest but that, theoretically, shouldn't matter. I'm still connecting to SteamVR, just like with every other SteamVR game I play. I'm so confused right now.

There is a small “XR“ button at the lower right side in the Alpha. Did you have pressed this button? This should start the VR mode for SteamVR and/or Quest… it doesn‘t start automaticall.
XR is a fancy new word for VR (+AR).

Yep, I know what XR is. I had seen the XR Help button (that's how I knew the alpha definitely supported VR) but I didn't scroll down in the menu, so I hadn't seen the XR checkbox. Appreciate the help, man.

OK, new issue. None of the controls function at all. Can't move around, can't grab anything, absolutely nothing works. Not too mention the extreme screen tearing.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for not giving an answer, but I have no idea what may be going wrong with your VR installation. For me, everything works as intended in SteamVR, and I know from many Quest users, that they have no issues, too.

As you may know, the VR-mode in the alpha, is only for demonstrating "it works". The non-VR mode is to show the new functions, and the VR-mode is very limited, like the VaM developers wrote. You more or less can't do anything than looking around and maybe doing some very basic stuff.

Maybe this is what you are experiencing. I can't really move around, too. The whole alpha is only a very first proof of concept.

I have no idea what those "screen tearing" might be or looks like.

Sorry for not giving an answer, but I have no idea what may be going wrong with your VR installation. For me, everything works as intended in SteamVR, and I know from many Quest users, that they have no issues, too.

As you may know, the VR-mode in the alpha, is only for demonstrating "it works". The non-VR mode is to show the new functions, and the VR-mode is very limited, like the VaM developers wrote. You more or less can't do anything than looking around and maybe doing some very basic stuff.

Maybe this is what you are experiencing. I can't really move around, too. The whole alpha is only a very first proof of concept.

I have no idea what those "screen tearing" might be or looks like.

Ah, ok. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom