Question Allowing plugins everytime I need to load them once rebooting VaM

astronomy21

Reactions
Such a work I need to execute everytime loading plugins whether it is used by system, scenes, or atoms
Is there anything to do if I want to bypass this interestingly overly careful consent?
By the way I did all the consent in `User Preferences > Security` and saved them to default session plugin preset.

This keeps poping up
1653458262679.png

although I did this
1653458466145.png

Last edited:
The pop-up is an additional security that has been added to the latest VAM version. Due to hacking threats if my memory serves me right.
To my knowledge, you cannot avoid it: there is no option to disable those security popups.

It'll appear only once per plugin & per version of the plugin, though, provided you click on "Allow always".

Upvote 0
The pop-up is an additional security that has been added to the latest VAM version. Due to hacking threats if my memory serves me right.
To my knowledge, you cannot avoid it: there is no option to disable those security popups.

It'll appear only once per plugin & per version of the plugin, though, provided you click on "Allow always".

I understand there is a necessary security to make sure of nothing to run without user's consent.
However I clicked "Allow always" per plugin & per version of it, it keeps coming back once I relaunch VaM.exe. (it doesn't during the same instance of VaM)
Sounds like I'm facing an issue that you don't have here.
Hasn't this happended to anyone so far?

Upvote 0
However I clicked "Allow always" per plugin & per version of it, it keeps coming back once I relaunch VaM.exe. (it doesn't during the same instance of VaM)
Sounds like a bug, then.

Are you sure you've not updated the plugin in the meanwhile? This can seem recurring for plugins that are frequently updated, such as Timeline or VAMMoan.
Or have you different installs of VAM? You'll have to "Allow Always" for each install (each one being totally independent).
To be 100% certain, you can try to:
  1. Open a scene using plugins
  2. Click on "Allow Always" for all security popups
  3. Close VAM
  4. Reopen VAM straightaway (same install)
  5. Open the same scene and check if the same popups appear

Upvote 0
Sounds like a bug, then.

Are you sure you've not updated the plugin in the meanwhile? This can seem recurring for plugins that are frequently updated, such as Timeline or VAMMoan.
Or have you different installs of VAM? You'll have to "Allow Always" for each install (each one being totally independent).
To be 100% certain, you can try to:
  1. Open a scene using plugins
  2. Click on "Allow Always" for all security popups
  3. Close VAM
  4. Reopen VAM straightaway (same install)
  5. Open the same scene and check if the same popups appear

Yes that's exactly what I did for reproducing the problem (sounds like a bug)
Is there any log that somebody or I can look into?

Upvote 0
Once you set "always allow" it shouldn't ask you again, until new/next version (of plugin package) is released.

Where is your VaM "installed"? Could be permission issue...(with saving plugin.prefs)
What happens if you open VaM "run as admin", set always allow, close, open as admin again? (does it still ask?)

Those plugin settings (only .var packaged) are stored inside:
...VaM/AddonPackagesUserPrefs/creatorName.pluginName.packageVersion.prefs (example: AcidBubbles.Timeline.247.prefs)
-if permission is not the issue (and after 2x run as admin) you can try deleting AddonPackagesUserPrefs folder (it also resets "preload morph" option)
-while at it you can delete cache folder, but that shouldn't be the issue here

Upvote 0
Once you set "always allow" it shouldn't ask you again, until new/next version (of plugin package) is released.

Where is your VaM "installed"? Could be permission issue...(with saving plugin.prefs)
What happens if you open VaM "run as admin", set always allow, close, open as admin again? (does it still ask?)

...VaM/AddonPackagesUserPrefs/creatorName.pluginName.packageVersion.prefs (example: AcidBubbles.Timeline.247.prefs)
-if permission is not the issue (and after 2x run as admin) you can try deleting AddonPackagesUserPrefs folder (it also resets "preload morph" option)

Thanks for the advice!
I have my VaM folder outside C:\, but I'm not really sure what VaM has to do with admin right in my PC..
Following your advice, I checked one of session plugins, AddonPackagesUserPrefs\Blazedust.SessionPlugin_CUAManager.16.prefs, however the keys are correctly set as follows and no idea why those are not applied (or ignored)
Code:
{
   "pluginsAlwaysEnabled" : "true",
   "pluginsAlwaysDisabled" : "false"
}

Will also try deleting cache folder and get back to you soon if any luck.
Cheers

Upvote 0

Deleting cache folder didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though

Upvote 0
Now I found an issue that could be related to this.
If I Rescan Packages in package manager, no more allowance begging (and no more broken scenes, which I first thought a separate issue leading me there)

But I still need to allow for session plugins before even hitting Rescan Packages.
Somehow rescaning packages letting VaM read AddonPackagesUserPrefs
Any ideas? to be very appreciated

Upvote 0
Now I found an issue that could be related to this.
If I Rescan Packages in package manager, no more allowance begging (and no more broken scenes, which I first thought a separate issue leading me there)

But I still need to allow for session plugins before even hitting Rescan Packages.
Somehow rescaning packages letting VaM read AddonPackagesUserPrefs
Any ideas? to be very appreciated
Have you found any solutions?

Upvote 0
I found the reason for this situation. This may be caused by the error of some Addon Packages. You can move all files except one plugin for
the pop-up test. You may see that your poping up setting can be saved. You can move some Addon Packages back to the Addon Package folder. You can find the error plugin by the pop-up comes back.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom