Absolute positioning

Koryu

Reactions
So I've been thinking about this recently. Consolidating threads below as well as thinking about my own problems, I've been thinking about some kind of absolute location system. Like at the moment (And I'm sure this is in the works somewhere), when I click on a pose for a model, she WAAAARRRRRPPPPSSSS to wherever the pose was saved, relative to whatever was the whim of the person that made the pose. Just like many folks here, I've experienced the "exploding model" effect when that location is in a wall or through a wall or whatever.

I'm also noticing that if I make the model taller/shorter then any pose that requires contact with another model is instantly messed up.

So I was wondering if there could be an "absolute coordinates system" of some sort which takes certain points on a body and makes it absolute to the position of a model/another model. An example would be that the XYZ position would be absolute, unless you specifically changed in (maybe with a separate button, even), no pose would change those coordinates. Clicking a new pose on your model would simply change how he or she is posed, and leave them in the same place.

I had an extension to this thought: Suppose hands, feet, lips were also on a different coordinate system. Thus when kissing, you only need to make sure model "A"s lip coordinates were the same (or slightly offset) from model "B". The coordinate system would supersede the pose so if the two models were too close, the kiss would naturally recoil a little.

Thinking further about this, I suppose you'd need genital coordinates as well.

So that makes it one for each foot (2), each hand (2), lips (1) and genital (1). I figure we'd probably need an angle as well (So people aren't trying to kiss upward on someone)... so a few more numbers than that... I could see an extended version that has shoulders, waist, any normal place someone touches someone else.

This is probably fantastically difficult and I have zero clue how much work I'm asking for... but as a non-programmer type, to me it's clearly as simple as saying "computer? Please do this for me!" and *POOF*! it's done!

Anyway, I thought I'd put that in because I thought of it as I watched my model completely disintegrate comically in a scene. :D

I think the solution may be to a "load with respect to" dropdown list of body nodes. And maybe a checkbox's for position and rotation. On load, the body would then be positioned so that the original position and/or rotation of that body part is preserved. For sex scenes, you'd load wrt hip. For BJ scenes, load WRT head. It would still be possible to mess things up, but the model would start out closer to the intended position.

Back
Top Bottom