Question 3 vertical screens in VR

Thrillseeker123

Reactions
I'm hoping someobody can help me with this. Some scenes have 3 vertical screens in VR, all showing the same. One left, one middle and one right. I'm guessing it's something with camera settings, but I just can't figure it out.

This is a screenshot, though only 2 screens seems to show up in it. Basically it's 3 vertical screens as you see in the screenshot next to each other
20221214155142_1.jpg

Upvote 0
Is it the same scenes that consistently show this, while others never do?
My first guess would be to check for PostMagic being used.

Upvote 0
Is it the same scenes that consistently show this, while others never do?
My first guess would be to check for PostMagic being used.

Yes, it's consistent for the scenes. Some scenes, and scene makers have it. I think the problem is they didn't make the scene for VR, but a flat screen. I actually managed to fix one scene by removing some anti-alising effect or similar, but in most scenes I can't find that setting.

Upvote 0
All scenes work for desktop and VR, no such thing as VR incompatible. Usually this is meant to say the scene was made thinking about a desktop or VR experience and some parts may not be great when not in that mode, but all scenes will work in any mode.
You mention anti-aliasing which is a common use with the PostMagic plugin. My guess seems to be heading the right way. Try to find in the scene with this problem a PostMagic plugin and disable it.

Upvote 0
All scenes work for desktop and VR, no such thing as VR incompatible. Usually this is meant to say the scene was made thinking about a desktop or VR experience and some parts may not be great when not in that mode, but all scenes will work in any mode.
You mention anti-aliasing which is a common use with the PostMagic plugin. My guess seems to be heading the right way. Try to find in the scene with this problem a PostMagic plugin and disable it.

I know they all work, my point was that it was made for flatscreen and the effects not tested for VR, therefore the weird 3 screen effect which is awful in VR.

Upvote 0
Do you have MacGrubers PostMagic active as a SessionPlugin? I think the AntiAliasing does that to VR. (If not check the other PostMagic Stuff if you have it)

Upvote 0
Like the others said it has to be post magic antialiasing causing it, it is the only thing ever to cause the same problem for me.

Upvote 0
I want to argue with you. Scenes can be incompatible with VR when the assets creator used incorrectly used the project settings in unity. In this case , the image for the right and left eyes will be incorrect in the VR , but everything will work in desktop mode. I have done this several timeso_O

Upvote 0
I want to argue with you. Scenes can be incompatible with VR when the assets creator used incorrectly used the project settings in unity. In this case , the image for the right and left eyes will be incorrect in the VR , but everything will work in desktop mode. I have done this several timeso_O
Well, sure, but I mean it in a general sense that all scenes work on desktop or VR. Some may lead to issues because of something, like the example in the thread with postmagic, but removing the source fixes it and almost always they're not essential parts of a scene. I wouldn't call it incompatible if removing one thing that is not essential would resolve the problem.
Here: ;)
All* scenes work for desktop and VR
* if you know how to remove postmagic and incorrect unity asset settings

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom