Question VR Screen Stuttering in black areas

adamgali

Reactions
In scenes with low light / black areas screen stutters a lot.
If I add more light to the scene, stuttering disappears. This does not happen in scenes with normal light, only dark scenes.
I tried playing around graphics options but to no avail.
Disabling soft body physics helps reducing stuttering so it may be the cause of the issue.
This issue doesn't happen in Desktop mode, only in VR. Is there a solution?
My specs: Quest 2, RTX 4090, i9 13th.
Fps in vr: 25-40 (with soft body physics)

Last edited:
In scenes with low light / black areas screen stutters a lot.
If I add more light to the scene, stuttering disappears. This does not happen in scenes with normal light, only dark scenes.
I tried playing around graphics options but to no avail.
Disabling soft body physics helps reducing stuttering so it may be the cause of the issue.
This issue doesn't happen in Desktop mode, only in VR. Is there a solution?
My specs: Quest 2, RTX 4090, i9 13th.
Fps in vr: 25-40 (with soft body physics)
There are MAJOR issues with the RTX 4 Series and Quest 2. The Quest 2 Does not support the 4 series graphics card. I unfortunately upgraded and and getting the same tearing/stuttering issues. Once Meta fixes the issue then it should be a problem. Don't expect it unless done by a third party because Meta doesn't want you to connect it to the computer.

Upvote 0
What are you using to play VAM? I know that quest built-in solution (link/airlink) has some troubles with dark areas. I had same problems and i've heard they are not going to fix it because of how little people have this problem.

Try using virtual desktop instead of link and see if that helps. It helped me.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom