Fixed (1.20.1.5) Fetching Hub Info

Manorexia

Reactions
The hub in the new version doesn't seem to work at all on my PC (VR nor desktop versions). Am I doing something wrong? I get the error in the attached image.
VamIssue.JPG

Is this still an issue for you? It shouldn't get stuck on this part for more than a few seconds while it waits for the Hub to return some basic info to VaM. If there was a failure to contact the Hub it should have returned an error on this same panel pretty quickly and shown a retry button. I'm adding a fix to add a close button to this panel for the case when the Hub or your internet service is down. I'll look to see if there is any reason why it would get stuck here. It should have timed out at some point (maybe after 1 minute or so).

I have added an option to cancel the fetch and retry in upcoming 1.20.1.5 release. If you continually have issues, it suggests there is an issue with your computer connecting to the Hub through the internet. It could be issue with your service or a firewall, although I would have expected it to return an error like "Connection failed" instead of just hanging.

Back
Top Bottom