Fixed (1.20.1.5) Browsing for a new cache folder and canceling puts vam in a broken state

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
You cannot change folder after that nor clear it, and restarting will break as some weird places (the "" path will make vam try to load at the drive's root, and the models will show up in front of the menus).

You can fix it by manually setting a path in prefs.json.

I have this problem at the moment, how do I manually set a path and what to type? Thanks

Speaking of the cache folder, it might be a good idea in the future to use a couple of subdirectories. I'm at 30K files in `Textures`, and it'll just keep going up. Or maybe some way to clean up old, unused textures?

Speaking of the cache folder, it might be a good idea in the future to use a couple of subdirectories. I'm at 30K files in `Textures`, and it'll just keep going up. Or maybe some way to clean up old, unused textures?

I was planning a way to remove least-recently-used cache files, but I'm not going to have time to implement it. TBH it doesn't cost you a lot to just clear the cache every once in a while. The other option for now is to navigate to the folder in windows and sort by last accessed and select a bunch of the files and delete.

This cache will only speed up loading things like clothing or skin textures. If you delete it, the next time VaM will take a little longer to load those files. I do it from time to time every few weeks.

It is still behaving a bit strange: If you want to completely delete or move it, first empty it and try it again if it doesn't work on the first try.

Back
Top Bottom