Clothing XL Creoles

rernat

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
rernat
rernat submitted a new resource:

XL Creoles - big earrings for both sides separately

I was working on such acessories for a while but always had problems with the solidity as the mesh is attracted from the bodys mesh and therefore deforms things. I finally found a way to improve the stability of mesh wish is intented as solid stuff but also available as clothing. Here is my result.
The circlar form will be still a bit deformed especially for extreme head morphs or extreme head positioning. But this is the best I achieved so far.

You may adjust thickness and even a bit the...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for the earrings! But gosh jeez, this is 37mb, and the vast majority of that is a SEPARATE, 20Mb, 4096x texture for each ear which has a lot of empty white space, and then only like 1/20th of that is actually UV mapped onto the model? Can I suggest crunching it down to something like a 256x1024 texture and expanding the UV map to fill the entire texture? A 4096x texture uses 67Mb of VRAM when it's loaded, these small earrings use 134Mb by themselves!

On its own it's one thing, but when every addon uses textures like it's going out of style, it adds up quickly and makes storage, performance, and load times all suffer! This could be a 3Mb .var with no quality drop whatsoever, and much better performance.

Thank you for the earrings! But gosh jeez, this is 37mb, and the vast majority of that is a SEPARATE, 20Mb, 4096x texture for each ear which has a lot of empty white space, and then only like 1/20th of that is actually UV mapped onto the model? Can I suggest crunching it down to something like a 256x1024 texture and expanding the UV map to fill the entire texture? A 4096x texture uses 67Mb of VRAM when it's loaded, these small earrings use 134Mb by themselves!

On its own it's one thing, but when every addon uses textures like it's going out of style, it adds up quickly and makes storage, performance, and load times all suffer! This could be a 3Mb .var with no quality drop whatsoever, and much better performance.

Thanks for the critic. You are right. File size is now reduced by factor 5.

hi, I have this on my list too, good try but maybe better as assets, for cloth I know how to it, do you mind if I up my later? @rernat

Of course not. Im interested to see. If you are able to realize such solid things as clothes better, I would like to know how you do this.

regards,
r

Of course not. Im interested to see. If you are able to realize such solid things as clothes better, I would like to know how you do this.

regards,
r
1613386239350.png

@rernat come to my discord and try it