• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Who is lucky or unlucky enough to have the Pico 3 Neo Link ?

Luxi0r27

Reactions
Hello hello,

I'm considering buying this Pico Neo 3 Link because of the Display Port because I love the uncompressed effect, I'm looking for a clean image but I don't like the G2 and the other headset are too expensive.

Who could test it on VaM only ? Controller it's ok ? No crash ? Image Quality ? Better Quest 2 ?

Thanks for your feedback. (y)

Hi!

I use the Pico Neo 3 since 5 weeks, especially for VAM. Works perfectly, no crashes, no controller problems. Pico is much better than the Quest 2, especially when wearing glasses under the VR.

Due to the Fresnel lenses, there is a quite small sweet spot, and the visible god rays may be disturbing for some users. On the other hand, the accu lasts for about 3 hours, and can even be charged while in use with an additional power adapter, according to a Youtube review.

I can only recommend the Pico Neo 3!

Upvote 0
Hi!

I use the Pico Neo 3 since 5 weeks, especially for VAM. Works perfectly, no crashes, no controller problems. Pico is much better than the Quest 2, especially when wearing glasses under the VR.

Due to the Fresnel lenses, there is a quite small sweet spot, and the visible god rays may be disturbing for some users. On the other hand, the accu lasts for about 3 hours, and can even be charged while in use with an additional power adapter, according to a Youtube review.

I was already disappointed with the sweet spot of the G2 but I tell myself that the Pico can't be worse and I know that some people say that it's chromatic abberation and that it will probably get better with the updates. And the sound, the microphone too (equalizer...).

I'm just looking for a better image quality than the Quest 2 for the DP and also the fully compatible controllers like the Quest 2 because I often do animation captures.(y)

Upvote 0
Hi!

Hi DonDiego,

I have the Pico Neo 3 Link too and must say that the visual quality is perfect. But I have problems using the contollers in VAM. I don't see the "Control Nodes" (red blue laser) and I have massive problems with clicking scene gui elements. Do you have any tips on how to configure the controllers so that they work with VAM? I use them in the standart way with no custom SteamVR controller settings.

Upvote 0
Hi DonDiego,

I have the Pico Neo 3 Link too and must say that the visual quality is perfect. But I have problems using the contollers in VAM. I don't see the "Control Nodes" (red blue laser) and I have massive problems with clicking scene gui elements. Do you have any tips on how to configure the controllers so that they work with VAM? I use them in the standart way with no custom SteamVR controller settings.

Red blue laser is maybe disabled on VaM ?
In the options of VaM, you have something to check but I don't remember the name...in the tabs VR 1 and VR 2, I don't know.

Upvote 0
I also have a Pico Neo 3 and I‘m quite happy with it. HW requirements should be lower than for Quest2 when playing on PC as no compression is needed.
In VAM I‘m still a bit struggling with the controller settings. Maybe also because I‘m not yet experienced in VAM.
Could someone share the Steam VR settings for the Pico Neo 3 controllers?

Upvote 0
Hi DonDiego,

SORRY for answering so late! To select Elements in Scenes, open the UI and klick the button showing a hand. This will disable the hand, and you can click on all scene buttons with the blue or red pointer. If you cannot locate it, leave the UI open to see the beams. Then click the scene element and close the UI.

Upvote 0
I also have a Pico Neo 3 and I‘m quite happy with it. HW requirements should be lower than for Quest2 when playing on PC as no compression is needed.
In VAM I‘m still a bit struggling with the controller settings. Maybe also because I‘m not yet experienced in VAM.
Could someone share the Steam VR settings for the Pico Neo 3 controllers?
I left all default values untouched, however sometimes the right controller refuses to change my height in the scene. In this case, from the user preferences select "Navigation" and disable the height lock checkbox.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom