• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Which gain fps i will give in VR if i upgrade my ryzen 5 1600 on 5600? (on 1600 fps is so bad, on middle was 20 fps, on minimal 30)

Fort789

Reactions
Which gain fps i will give in VR if i upgrade my ryzen 5 1600 on 5600? (on 1600 fps is so bad, on middle was 20 fps, on minimal 30)

Take this with a grain of salt, but I just switched up from Ryzen 5 1600 to 7 5800x. I also upped my RAM from 16 to 32. I only spent about 15 minutes with it but it felt like a huge step forward. Faster load times and movement smoothed out tremendously.

It would be helpful it you could also tell us your GPU, because if you buy a powerful CPU, then you can still be bottlenecked by a weak GPU and you won't see much or any performance improvements from a new CPU purchase.

It would be helpful it you could also tell us your GPU, because if you buy a powerful CPU, then you can still be bottlenecked by a weak GPU and you won't see much or any performance improvements from a new CPU purchase.
I have a 3060

Check your GPU usage. If i'ss around 90% there isn't much to be gained.

I used to play using a Ryzen 1600 + RX570 and got better fps than 20~30FPS. I suggest you get the GivemeFPS plugin, and limit hair multiplier and curve multiplier to roughly 15 and increase hair width to compensate. You can also change every look manually if you want (but why?). This is needed because some creators optimize models to look good in screenshots. Not to play the game with respectable framerates.

Now I'm playing with a the same CPU but with a 6700XT and I can get roughly 60 FPS in VR (depends on the scene). But the GPU usage isn't 100% so there is quite a bit of a bottleneck. The problem is that VR needs 72FPS or ASW will trigger, so FPS is halved. Disabling it may do more harm than good because I think VR headsets don't use variable refresh rate.

I hope these benchmarks help you out. The 3060Ti is equivalent to the 6700XT in general. From what I can see, there is a 40% improvement. But in physics heavy scenes, it's like 4x the performance (maybe I did something wrong in my bench?)

Back
Top Bottom