Want to start from scratch again, could use advice.

Murasaki

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I have been using VAM for so long now and over the years it has became very bloated, slow and prone to crashing. Especially as of late with a bunch of “Too many heap sections” errors.

So I have finally decided to attempt a clean start but there is just so much stuff that I don't know where to start even.

Would really appreciate some advice from people who might have done this dreaded task before.

Im doing the exact same thing right now and figuring it out as I go. For now, Ill be using 3 VAM installs on 3 separate SSDs. My master VAM is at almost 1T. Ill be keeping this as my archive. So far I've made a second clean install VAM with only the dependencies/custom scenes /looks I really want. Still kind of large at about 450g, so im still trying to trim that. Performance is much better and I plan on using this for building. Finally I have a tertiary clean VAM install for dragging in one scene at a time for the best possible VR performance. When im done with the scene, ill delete it then drag in another.
Vintage Vacuuming GIF

Back
Top Bottom