Walk-Cycle Pose Presets

Walk-Cycle Pose Presets

VikLamant

Reactions
VikLamant submitted a new resource:

Walk-Cycle Pose Presets - The beginning of a bigger package? Unsure.

Forgive me if this is a waste of space here, but I've been toying around with trying to create a decent looking walk animation from scratch using Timeline so to the best of my ability I created 4 main keyframe pose presets as a quick alternative to motion capture. Not 100% sold on the results... but it's a start.

Link to MEGA .mpg video file as an example.

Otherwise, here's the 4 keyframe poses (paced...

Read more about this resource...

@VikLamant Hello! These poses look very natural, but I have a few comments.
  • The poses are not super useful by themselves, can you include timeline animations (or person plugin presets with the timeline animations), and a simple demo scene?
  • Can you adjust the poses/animations so they work well with standard size females and floor at 0y location?

Hey, this actually looks pretty good and I think it could be useful. I know I've tried making walking animations before and it's always coming out looking super wonky, but yours looks good!

How exactly would I be able to use these poses though? Would I have to create a timeline animation then add each animation preset into the timeline? Any chance you could also include your timeline animation in the download, to make it easier for people to use?

Thanks for the feedback both bill & Bile...

Okay, so yea... I'll throw together a quick Timeline animation scene later this evening and upload it if time allows.

VikLamant updated Walk-Cycle Pose Presets with a new update entry:

Version 2 w/Timeline Walk Example using Basic Person Atom

By request - I threw this scene together real quick demonstrating the 4 Walk-Cycle Pose Presets with basic Atom-> Person.

Observations:
1) Seems the height difference between my model and basic does cause more of a jarring hip action in the walk.
2) Had to elevate to .60 off ground so toes would not drag.
3) Had to slow down animation to have the model walk as designed.

Notes on Timeline animation:
1) Added (control)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey there, not sure if it's just me but as of this typing the download link just leads to a small JPG preview, no actual downloaded file.

Just wanted to let you know in case you might have to update that link.

Hey there, not sure if it's just me but as of this typing the download link just leads to a small JPG preview, no actual downloaded file.

Just wanted to let you know in case you might have to update that link.
same issue here.

The update (attachment image) is just a preview of what is in the new VAR that you need to re-download.

I just verified that the .json (saved scene file) is in the new VAR.

Back
Top Bottom