• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Very odd bug related to character scale, colliders, etc.

PortiaVam

Reactions
I have a very strange bug that I can't quite figure out. For some reason, when I load certain scenes I've created, certain female characters of mine will load into the scene with their feet in a kind "explosion" state. They rapidly jolt and twitch around, rotate and random, and if left alone long enough, cause either VAM to cut my character's collision or VAM to crash entirely. After literal hours of experimenting, I managed to find a workaround by simply changing my character's scale in the physics tab by any amount (I currently just have her set to 0.999 for all my scenes/her look). While this temporarily works, I would like to solve this at the root, as this doesn't always happen, but seems to have infested all of my recent scenes (last 3 or 4 months).

For reference, my current plugins are:

Person: Timeline, Heel Adjust, Collider Editor
Session: Vam Clock, Vam Superglue, Supershot (disabled by default), FocusOnMe!

I've tried messing around with ColliderEditor (using different presets, editing them, etc.) and Heel Adjust (disabled it, removed it, downgraded versions) pretty extensively and nothing has fixed this issue. I kind of suspect some weird interaction with one of these two, but I can't figure it out. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! <3

Solution
You might also check if there's any morphs related to the feet or that affect the feet in some way, put those to 0, make a new appearance preset, and see if the problems continue when you load it.
I can try to get one together. My scenes tend to have a lot of dependencies, so sharing them might be tough.

Upvote 0
You might also check if there's any morphs related to the feet or that affect the feet in some way, put those to 0, make a new appearance preset, and see if the problems continue when you load it.

Upvote 0
Solution

Managed to track it down thanks to this suggestion! I had dismissed this earlier because I had a character whose scale was less than 1 who I compared morphs with, before I realized the scale was a factor. Turned out to be a full body morph called 'Nicolina' that I think is a combined morph used in Oeshii's Louise look (which a couple of my characters are based off of).

Thank you so much for your help! <3

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom