VamTastic

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
VamTastic submitted a new resource:

VamCity - Asset .doors plugin and scene for view

It's been a while since releasing something due to ill probs
VamCity is acomplete Revamp of the Avakin cafe asset
though haven't done much with the cafe itself .

VamCity consists of many buildings from Sketchfab
all are of free CC license that can be used in paid creations

Included a doors plugin thats located in the vamciity atom plugins
the taxi and hot dog cart are prefabs
also a reflection probe for some windows that had no textures.

Many thanks to Scamp for testing the asset and his...

Read more about this resource...

VamTastic updated VamCity with a new update entry:

Subway added and some extras

subway and train is from Alex Murias ,it was originally a twin track that i modified to a singular .
Added XXX shop ,named Adult Entertainment (WIP) to update the textures , airliner that flies over and sound effects.
fixed and added some buildings.
so much thanks to Scamp with testing and ideas for the VamCity

View attachment 247493View attachment 247494View attachment 247495

Read the rest of this update entry...

2 new additions added

iIt had taken some time doing the UI buttons but it was worth it.

Small Apartment and laundry added
used acid bubbles spawn point to make it easier to jump to a location

The apartment curtains will be improved had to replace the orginals as there
was no way of closing them.
simple curtains but showing what can be done using Acid bubbles blend shapes.

The rest is fixing and changing things.

View attachment 251231
View attachment 251232
[ATTACH...

This keeps getting better and better. Is there a shortcut to the adult shop hidden somewhere or no?

This keeps getting better and better. Is there a shortcut to the adult shop hidden somewhere or no?
thank you VAMic
i had not done one for the adult shop , its a WIP i want to upgrade the textures , only got as far as replacing the carpet.
i will add the short cut teleport when i improve the adult shop and add a bar or pub.

added Irish Pub and wine cellar

this part has been most challenging. i know the layout is a bit goofy . had only realised the mistakes
when it was all put together. never mind though still looks ok if look past the mistakes lol
credits to this round are;
johny hebert pizza shop
kidney02 Pub
janis zeps wine cellar
keyyodd ivy plant
Digitalninja bottles , til and cooler

Great work! I love the look of the pub area. I know you've acknowledged the issues, but just to say I'd love it if the scale issues etc could be worked on for that.

Great work! I love the look of the pub area. I know you've acknowledged the issues, but just to say I'd love it if the scale issues etc could be worked on for that.
i will take a look mate , it is a pain keeping track lol of all the buildings to scale them to defualt G2F , but will check the pub . thanks for letting me know mate.
as im working on an extra part with a bakery, i will address the issues.

Fixing and adding.

Rescaled Pub , miketruck69 said it had scale issues .indeed it did
hadn't realised how bad it was as i only used a default G2F as a guide to reference to door height , it was a pain to fix but got there.
lowered the bar, and shortened the tables and stools .
added a bakery that Nial had spotted on sketchfab .its WIP ,textures need fixing.
and the rest is just fixing and checking collisions.
If any issues i may have missed, drop me a message ....

Hey Vamtastic! Very nice to have a real city to play around!
Some things I wanted to ask you:
1) Is there a way to make those areas toggleable? For example, if I'm setting my scene in the pub, I don't need to render subway. And if my scene proceeds to subway, I could just toggle it on. I'm asking because I usually fight for every single FPS in my scenes, despite VAMCity overall performing well. But with each expansion there is more of it to render.
2) I was going to do a scene in the pub, but I wanted it to be a late evening, with atmospheric lights and all. By making the scene lighting dark, I noticed that it's windows have shaders that would keep the glass bright no matter what I did. Even CUA Vamifier. Hence, is it possible to adapt the asset for darker lighting for night scenes? Making a scene inside the moving car but using VAMCity as an exterior scenery would be fantastic, and the scene set up at night would help to trim down the exterior details.
Great asset, thank you!

Last edited:
1) Is there a way to make those areas toggleable? For example, if I'm setting my scene in the pub, I don't need to render subway. And if my scene proceeds to subway, I could just toggle it on. I'm asking because I usually fight for every single FPS in my scenes, despite VAMCity overall performing well. But with each expansion there is more of it to render.
2) I was going to do a scene in the pub, but I wanted it to be a late evening, with atmospheric lights and all. By making the scene lighting dark, I noticed that it's windows have shaders that would keep the glass bright no matter what I did. Even CUA Vamifier. Hence, is it possible to adapt the asset for darker lighting for night scenes? Making a scene inside the moving car but using VAMCity as an exterior scenery would be fantastic, and the scene set up at night would help to trim down the exterior details.
Great asset, thank you!
Hi VAMFantasy , i will have to look in to the subway train , the subway itself is not that high on poly counts or textures.
your quite right though . hadn`t realised what i had got myself into doing Vam City so i will have to find ways on disabling things
that are going to slow the PC down .
i will be working on a night version , had started on some of the buildings creating light emissions for windows .
the windows looking bright in darkness ,might be down to the CU Reflection probe that gives metals and glass a reflection
this can be disabled .

just need to finish off the area with the bakery.
i have improved the shadows , hated how dark one side of a buildings looked.

Great asset, thank you!
After testing , the train and subway didn't have much effect on the FPS , you can turn off the train.
the main culprits for FPS drops are Lights , shadows , particle simulators ,reflections and 4k textures +.
i will be addressing the lights for the next VamCity release.

After testing , the train and subway didn't have much effect on the FPS , you can turn off the train.
the main culprits for FPS drops are Lights , shadows , particle simulators ,reflections and 4k textures +.
i will be addressing the lights for the next VamCity release.
Cheers!

Attachments

• image_2024-03-17_123122456.png
    image_2024-03-17_123122456.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 0
do I need to manually put lights in every corner?
The main scene uses a directional light ,are you trying to do a night time version
i was going to have lit up windows and street lamps,
but i never got to finish it ,as there was an issue with custom hair physics when character atom is outside area. like the pub.

Back
Top Bottom