• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

VAMAtmosphere

Plugins VAMAtmosphere 12

Hello @hazmhox I love this plugin, and got it to work on some scenes I am working on built for Metachat.

I had your plugin working for a while (Above, it still works for pool party, but I somehow broke it for Sunny Beach) For some reason, when I go to check on the CUA element, the dropdown is empty.

1670734078330.png

I've done some extra investigation, and it seems like any audio (even if I load it via an included WAV file, don't automatically play. I am not sure what is causing this, it might not be your plugin specifically, but I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

I also made sure these audio sources were not set to Hidden. The Ambience_* are sound sources that just use a embedded *.wav file, the CUA_Ambience_* elements are using your plugin, but neither automatically play like they used to.

1670734288811.png

Well!

I've isolated a couple of dumb bugs thanks to you. But... if you leave your Atom off, they're not gonna work anyway :p
I'm pushing the fix in a minute : )

Hi @hazmhox Thanks for looking into this. I still have problems, so here's my reproduction of the issue:
  1. Updated to V10 of VAMAtmo.
  2. Fully restarted VAM.
  3. Loaded my scene (Metachat Beach)
  4. Selected CUA Node
  5. Loaded Preset "hazmhox.vamatmosphere.10:VAMAtmosphere/Ambience_default"
Got the following error
1670808991417.png

Attempted to manually set the asset to that and still no fix.

As a deeper test, I also loaded up my PoolParty scene which was working with V9, attempted to load V10, and same error.

Let me know if I can help further :)

Hi @hazmhox Thanks for looking into this. I still have problems, so here's my reproduction of the issue:
  1. Updated to V10 of VAMAtmo.
  2. Fully restarted VAM.
  3. Loaded my scene (Metachat Beach)
  4. Selected CUA Node
  5. Loaded Preset "hazmhox.vamatmosphere.10:VAMAtmosphere/Ambience_default"
Got the following error
View attachment 186164

Attempted to manually set the asset to that and still no fix.

As a deeper test, I also loaded up my PoolParty scene which was working with V9, attempted to load V10, and same error.

Let me know if I can help further :)

We should definitely make a huge warning sign on the hub about the assetbundles haha :p
You cannot update manually plugins that rely on assetbundles at runtime unless you follow specific steps (during a scene). This is explained in VAMMoan's documentation.

Assetbundles are trying to access resources that are on a specific path, for instance let's say /Assets/myvama_asset.prefab.
When you have two versions of the same assetbundle (the one in vama 9 and 10), both files are the same. And when Unity tries to load the assetbundle and has two references in memory of the same exact path (/Assets/myvama_asset.prefab) it breaks... because it's not possible for a file to have two "instances" on the exact same path.

The perfect solution to update assetbundle powered plugins is to simply delete old versions of the plugins, keep the most recent one. Load your scene, and resave it. VaM will update to the most accurate version by itself, and since you got only the most recent one, it will go up in version. But that is still done "at load" and you need to resave the file to ensure the version and dependencies are properly saved in the scene : )

I'm gonna make a tutorial for this... I'm repeating it way too often ;)

That'd be greatly appreciated - some scene-creators that utilize custom audio from voice-artists are about to move into packaging the audio into audiobundles rather than throwing 1000+ small audiofiles at VaM's audiomanager.

And I recon that whether they use RandomSoundsFromAB or VamMoan, that's going to be an issue?

That'd be greatly appreciated - some scene-creators that utilize custom audio from voice-artists are about to move into packaging the audio into audiobundles rather than throwing 1000+ small audiofiles at VaM's audiomanager.

And I recon that whether they use RandomSoundsFromAB or VamMoan, that's going to be an issue?

I might be misunderstanding what you're saying but you mean that using assetbundles on top of other plugins would be an issue ?

If this is what you mean: nope, as long as the assetbundle is not on the same path and does not use the same "Unity files path" (if you know what I mean), that shouldn't be a problem.

We should definitely make a huge warning sign on the hub about the assetbundles haha :p
You cannot update manually plugins that rely on assetbundles at runtime unless you follow specific steps (during a scene). This is explained in VAMMoan's documentation.

Assetbundles are trying to access resources that are on a specific path, for instance let's say /Assets/myvama_asset.prefab.
When you have two versions of the same assetbundle (the one in vama 9 and 10), both files are the same. And when Unity tries to load the assetbundle and has two references in memory of the same exact path (/Assets/myvama_asset.prefab) it breaks... because it's not possible for a file to have two "instances" on the exact same path.

The perfect solution to update assetbundle powered plugins is to simply delete old versions of the plugins, keep the most recent one. Load your scene, and resave it. VaM will update to the most accurate version by itself, and since you got only the most recent one, it will go up in version. But that is still done "at load" and you need to resave the file to ensure the version and dependencies are properly saved in the scene : )

Sorry I missed that documentation, but many thanks I'll give this a shot!

Also, quick question. If someone has VAMMoan on a person, and has VAMAtmosphere enabled, obviously it should work on a scene that supports it. If a scene DOESN'T have VAMA, does it simply do nothing?

Sorry I missed that documentation, but many thanks I'll give this a shot!

Also, quick question. If someone has VAMMoan on a person, and has VAMAtmosphere enabled, obviously it should work on a scene that supports it. If a scene DOESN'T have VAMA, does it simply do nothing?

Yup, it pretty much outputs the dry sound with no effect :)
Nothing is gonna break : D

Hi @hazmhox

So I've fully deleted V9 from my VAR's folder. Restarted VAM. Loaded V10 Presets onto 3 CUAs. Everything was working fine and I saved the scene and wanted to do a sanity test.

I restarted VAM and re-loaded the scene. No sound from the CUA's are playing.

Got the following error.

1670891517394.png

I have not yet touched or loaded my other PoolParty Scene (which still has V9) until I can consistently get my Beach to work.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom